“My favorite eatery in Vienna” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Greenville, South Carolina
“My favorite eatery in Vienna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Awesome food, lovely music played on a traditional Viennese instrument. Our food was wonderful as was the local Austrian Red wine that our waiter recommended. I got the Spanfarkle which was as good as any I've had in Bavaria. The atmosphere is very traditional and there is quite a history to this place.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam
“Touristtrap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Ate here last night, after a recommendation by our hotel. Food is so-so, but especially the service was horrible! No interest at all. Our waiter was busy seating other people while serving us for instance. And when one of us paid the bill and we (two others) were waiting behind, he thought we were new guests and while handling the payment he tried to seat the two of us (while we had been there for about 2 hours)

Zug, Switzerland
“An absolute must!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

You should really stop by there for dinner when in Vienna. Waiter was absolutely fantastic. Old school! Loved it! Food was excellent. Probably the best Leberknödel-Soup I ever had in my life! The restaurant itself is really nice & cozy. Amazing history in this building, since it's the oldest restaurant in Vienna. Also to add to the charm of this place, an old guy was playing the Zither in the restaurant which was simply lovely. Will definitely go back!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Realy worthy place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Traditional atmosphere. Very friendly staff. Open until 24:00 on sunday. Nice food with ttpical austrian dishes. A place to recommend.

Linköping
“Old fashion restaurant style with money focus”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Old fashion restaurant style with money focus
This restaurant has an interior in old fashion style, which also include uncomfortable wood chairs. I and my wife came with a tourist group of 12 persons. The signboard outside the restaurant recommended Filet Mignon which I and 4 friends ordered it– a real bad choise!
When the dish entered we became disappointed - there were four simple meat pieces and four small pieces of ravioli, no vegetables! I asked for more ravioli but the waiter told me that it was enough and counted them for me! Possibly he misunderstood me? A friend of mine got the meat too bloody and told the waiter. He took it out, but when he returned there was no difference! We also ordered the same dessert, but got different types! Sorry to say: This restaurant is a tourist trap – scanty customer focus and the prices for the dishes too high! However - the billing and payment went quick!

• Visited September 2013