“Amazing - Luxurious retreat in the Alps” 5 of 5 stars

A-ROSA Resort Kitzbuehel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ried Kaps 7, Kitzbuhel 6370 , Austria   |
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Kitzbuhel
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Amazing - Luxurious retreat in the Alps”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

An amazing hotel - truly luxurious, spacious and comfortable accommodation, generous public areas, a well stocked bar, friendly staff... The breakfast buffet was certainly one of the best I've ever had - I just wish I'd had all day to stay there. The Spa area with its inside-outside pool, the loungers etc was lovely, and I had a heavenly back massage while I was there as well.
It's expensive - but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Greek first
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

You know that you will not get a 5-star accommodation without wantig to pay for it.
Having this in mind the Arosa Spa is the right choice in a wonderfull ski area. The rooms a spacious and you do not miss anything. The whole building is very pritty and you feel welcome from the very first moment. The staff is very helpful and distinguished - they know how to treat their customers. The conference room(s) are state of the art as of cause the spa as well. It doesn't really make sense to go too much into details - you want to experiance this hotel yourself. Enjoy your stay - you surley will remember it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had a fantastic time at this hotel for Valentine's day weekend. Upon arrival I was slightly disappointed by the decor of the lobby but the welcome was very polite if a little bit cold. However, once we reached our room we were pleasantly surprised. It was modern, tastefully decorated, with a great view of the Alps, tons of storage and luxurious bathroom.

The only annoying thing was that it was a bit out of the way from the main lobby, restaurants, spas etc. We had to take the elevator down two floors and then cross this very long hallway and then go down another flight of stairs. When you're wearing nothing but a bikini and a bathrobe those 10 minutes of getting to the spa matter!!

The spa itself is very impressive. Beautiful pool area which beds, etc, outdoor pool. Have to say we were shocked that there was no hot tub or massage jets anywhere in the indoor/outdoor pool. However, there are several saunas, steam rooms, relaxation areas with water beds etc that make up for this.

Breakfast buffet was wonderful and so abundant. On our last day we ordered room service thinking it was included but it was extra and we were charged 40 euros!

Overall, I had a good stay and I loved Kitzbuhel. I plan on coming back to Austria again soon!

Room Tip: Some rooms can be quite far away from the main lobby.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This outstanding Hotel and Spa is sattisfying every wish one may have in terms of amenities and equipment but on top off all that the staff is outstanding. I have never heard anyone say “no” to any what so ever absurd or complicated request and they are always most helpfull and friendly. Also they are always there you never feel that they are around or watch you. I had the Maisonette which had a fantastic view over the whole valley from a little balcony. The room was beautiful and due to the special constuction of the building very individual. Every room is different from the other and that makes it very comfortable and made me feel like home. The Fireplace on the “Marktplatz” was the perfect location to end a beautifull sunny day on the ski slopes and even such a simple thing as a plate with bread and some ham and chees turned out to be a delicacy. The Spar is great and swiming from the inside pool into the outside one when everthing is full of snow and the sun is shining is just perfect. So to make a long story short, I can only strongly recommend this hotel for leisure as well as for business stays.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at the hotel the weekend of the Hahnenkamm race, so both the hotel and town were busy. Despite it being a busy time the hotel was very cosy and calm and the staff all very friendly and helpful.

The room was large, spacious and clean, with modern furnishings and a comfortable bed, we also had a separate living area. The bathroom was large with a very powerful shower. We had a view of the Hahnenkamm from the room and it opened on to a terrace.

We used the pool which was a good size and clean, my only slight complaint was that it was slightly colder than I personally like. There is a very good relaxation room, it has water beds which you can rest on or read, each has it's own reading light. We didn't have time to use the saunas or have any treatments, but it looked very impressive.

We only had breakfast at the hotel, but there was a very large choice, all of which was very appetising and staff very friendly.

Skiing was good in the area and I would recommend this hotel if you want a little luxury.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Culver City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I am staying at the Arosa hotel in Kitzbühel, Austria and I must say the service has really been top notch! The included breakfast is tasty and has a nice variety, the hotel bar has a terrific atmosphere, and the restaurant is really good. I love my room (it's quite spacious for Europe) and my view is spectacular -- I believe most of the views are quite nice from what I hear. I think this would be a good place to stay for a variety of types: solo (I'm on business), couples, or families.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Weybridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went here with friends over the weekend and whilst we didn't sleep here we used the Spa, swimming Pool, Bars and Restaurants and everything was first class.
The Spa was clean and friendly and my treatments were different and amazing!
The swimming pool and area was again immaculate. The pool has real atmosphere and makes for a great place to relax. The pool is both inside and out which my little boy thought was brilliant.
The snacks and drinks at the bar were first class with excellent service and had very different areas to sit and chill out.
The restaurant in the evening was superb. Certainly up there with the top restaurants of London. Again we could not fault the service. Nothing was too much trouble in sorting out and evening meal for my son. Each course that the grown ups ordered was clearly explained to us and delicious. Even down to the cheeses. Full explanation of where they were made, the flavour etc and no limits on how many you could try! Now that is a first.
When we left the staff thanked us for coming to the restaurant and for having served us? There are not many places with that sort of service. I just wish i had been staying here I think it would have been truly an experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to A-ROSA Resort Kitzbuehel? Share your experiences!