“I can't recommend it” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Kitzbuhel
Paris, France
“I can't recommend it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The hotel is clean. The breakfast is ok, but nothing outstanding. Ticks prerequisite boxes.

Decor: rather cheap, old fashioned. Functional but in need of a serious lifting, refurbishment.

Now for the worst part: Tenants’ behavior is extremely amateurish and unacceptable. I booked and prepaid a double room for two with two breakfasts... And since I showed up alone for check-in, I was asked if I was expecting somebody and I said no... So after I showered and changed in the room then went out for my dinner, the room service got in my room and removed the extra towels/robe (why not...) but also the extra pillows from the bed!!!!!!! and the big duvet!!!!! And left 1 single slim pillow and a tiny duvet of 140cm that didn't even cover the whole double-bed??!!!

And when I arrived from dinner at 1am it was too late to complain as there was nobody left (no janitor, no room service, nothing. Night entrance opens with the same room key).

Nevertheless, in the morning when I was presented with the local taxes bill (as these are not prepaid) the bill had 2 people taxes... of course...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dusseldorf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Hotel Kitz Garni is located less than 5 min drive from the town centre or Hahnenkammbahn - or 10-15 min pleasant walk. There is a warm and friendly welcome by the small team in the stylish lounge and reception - in the bar and lounge one can enjoy coffee and drinks during the day and cocktails in the evening. Breakfast is served nice and late ( til 11am ) via a good choice of Continental buffet with egg dishes to order from the menu - the breakfast room is cosy and in local design, we sat on the summer terrace. Each room has nice views into the surrounding mountains and a balcony. Value for money is excellent and I can highly recommend this charming little hotel

Room Tip: all rooms have lovely views and balcony
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a nice hotel in the outskirts of Kitzbuehel but still close enough to the ski resort. We have absolutely no complaints. The staff was very friendly and professional, the hotel was very cosy, well decorated and nicely warm. Our room was of good size, maybe the bathroom could have been slightly bigger. There are no tea making facilities in the room (which is quite normal in Austria/ Germany) but the do free tea & cake in the afternoons. There are also tea making facilities in the hotel spa.
The most outstanding thing was really the breakfast. We enjoyed the large variety of yoghurts, cheeses, eggs etc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Despite having paid an extra 20 Euros for a Double Superior room we were extremely disappointed with the room we were given. Very 'pokie', tiny bathroom without a window and very old fashioned furniture. The red shag pile carpet was a relic from the 70's and the mattress was one of the hardest while the pillows were totally soft. The decor in this room could not be further away from what we imagined when reading ybout the 'boutique' hotel style online. We had our small dog with us and I wonder if that is why we got the worst room in the hotel, despite paying an extra 12 Euros for the dog. Surely if the hotel is not full, and you could see it was not, you would give the best rooms to your customers as every hotel hopes for returning customers.

On a more positive note the ground floor of the hotel is very nicely decorated in 'boutique 'style, beautiful fabrics and colour schemes have been used. The spa area is also pleasant and new, we had the entire area to ourselves which was nice. The breakfast was good. The reception lady was also very helpful, however on our arrival there was no mention of the 'tea, coffee and cake' that is supposedly available in the afternoon, nor did we see any sign of this.

It is unfortunate that we were given this room, had we had a better room my report of this hotel would have been much more positive. However there is a huge choice in Kitzbühel and we would not rebook at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Cluj Napoca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

Away from town centre a nice hotel and quiet with a nice room which are clean and warm.
The food is fantastic, 5 course for dinner, and coffee and cakes available free of charge at 5pm tea.
The staff is so so! Hubert and Franz is fantastic but Maria and Mathilda was a worst experience.
We would definitely stay at the Tirolerhof again, we had a great holiday.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

I have just returned from a week at the Tirolerhof. What a beautiful hotel. We arrived in the evening, to candles and tea lights lit throughout reception, the bar area and restaurant. It was very cosy and warm. However, we had not even checked in, when my 9 year old son was reprimanded for spinning the bar stools. This became a common thing - all children in the hotel were drawn to these spinning chairs, and would lightly spin them, and each time were curtly told off by the staff. It made us feel uncomfortable.

The best thing about this hotel was the food. Never have I stayed somewhere before which serves a 5 course meal. It was absolutely gorgeous with so much choice. We also had the pack lunch daily (just a sandwich, apple and drink) which was great. Make sure you order it at tea time though, as yet again, I was told off one evening for ordering it late.

I think the hotel is let down by some of its staff. Some were extremely polite and friendly, like Hubert and Franz, but Maria on the desk was abrupt and rude, the main owner was rude (attractive blonde lady), and the lady we called the 'Trunchball' (from Matilda) was the worst, frequently telling most people in the hotel off for doing something wrong! I tried to see the funny side of it, but my partner was very frustrated by it. I could list a dozen examples of when people were told off and barked at, and we felt like naughty school children.

There was an issue with the hot water on 3 nights of our stay which meant that if you had a bath any later than 5.30pm there was no hot water. This really wound me up, as I liked a bath at the end of a long day on the slopes.

It didn't bother us that the hotel was out of town. The bus service was fantastic (and free), and we were so tired on an evening, we were happy to have our meal, a couple of drinks and then head for bed.

The Spa area was also lovely.

Rooms were not huge, but spotless and more than adequate. Very warm.
I would recommend this hotel to people who perhaps haven’t got children as I don't think they liked children, or to people who will not be phased by their rude abrupt attitude. On checkout I tried to approach the fact that I had paid 85 Euros for a massage, to come back to my room and have a freezing cold shower, and that this was not acceptable. The owner looked at me and said that was not her problem and basically that if I didn't return to the hotel she didn't care. It didn't leave me feeling too happy...

But all in all - a beautiful cosy hotel, which had everything I could have hoped for. (apart from the staff!)

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

Just returned from a weeks stay. The hotel is perfect for those wishing to get away from it all after a long days skiing as it is away from the centre of Kitz so very quiet. Food of a very high standard. Room clean and very warm, too warm!! Bar and the spa both excellent. Nice touch if you get back before 5pm tea, coffee and cakes available all included in your deal. Would not recommend for anyone looking for a lively fun packed evening, especially not for teenagers , stay in town for the apres ski. Fantastic bus service right outside which takes you into town then links up with the ring bus. Perhaps would not stay there again, stayed at the Jagerwirt before, only because we like to be slightly nearer the town but other than that an excellent hotel. Only gripe is that we booked with Crystal and it took 4 hours to get to Kitz as they double up on passengers drop offs - beware!! may be better to pay for a private transfer.

• Liked — made to feel very welcome and very homely
  • Disliked — slightly too far out of town
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Kitz Garni Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!