“Best Experience Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 49 hotels in Kitzbuhel
Aruba
“Best Experience Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Hotel very clean ,service outstanding ,stuff friendly like you are a family member and the food out of this world
The whole Hotel experience just amazing
Thank you family Reisch for making our stay so perfect and something for sure to remember
Regards Fam. Mitter

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel when I was in tour with my school band and it was excellent. Our room was very big with a nice bed, Wifi, nice bathroom, flat screen TV and a beautiful view of town. The food was good the staff was friendly and everything was very accessible.

Room Tip: Our room was on a corner with a nice view but it was a little noisy at times.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is very good and extremely reasonable.

I spent a week here with my girlfriend with her family/friends. All in all a very fun week, the hotel is centrally located a stones throw form the Londoner, a super fun apres pub open til the early hours (this can be noisy though). There is a 5 minutes walk up to the main lift so be warned but I recommend renting a locker at the lift station for €8 per day so save your energy. All th restaurants, bars, casino are within 2 mins.

The rooms are pretty basic but have everything you need including, gowns, slippers, bathroom amenities etc etc... and they were cleaned up very well everyday. The biggest annoyance whilst here is the fact that people can smoke in the hotel bar, and the cleaners always left he stair well doors open which subsequently meant the place did smell of smoke pretty badly until I opened all the stairwell windows daily and shut the doors.

We went half board - breakfast is as expected with all the trimmings including a whole hive of honey which was pretty nice. Dinners were a set menu with a few choices and huge amounts of salad to begin with - all in all very good value for money but not exemplary, but your not paying for that.

Otherwise we only really used the spa, which is pretty good, you get use of the sauna, steam room, showers and sleeping area which was great after a long day skiing.

I think the hotel might be a little old fashioned for some but if you want great value for money come here its well worth it and the skiing is fairly extensive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was greeted with a very warm welcome to this family run hotel. The breakfast buffet was excellent with quite a variety of good food. I had one dinner at the hotel as well, and it was very good. The staff went out of their way to help me make dinner reservations for the rest of my evenings in Kitzbühel. The storage area for ski gear was very handy. The room was comfortable, although it was a bit plain. I had requested a room at the back of the hotel in order to avoid the noise issues that I had read about and paid extra for it. However, I was right above the kitchen and there was a lot of noise coming from it. The noise lasted until around 11pm and started early in the morning. I couldn't figure out where the banging, clashing, etc. was coming from at first, but I asked the staff if my room was above the kitchen and they confirmed that it was so. So, while I didn't have to suffer from the pub noise in front of the hotel, I had to endure the kitchen noise below room 111! It didn't interfere a lot with my sleep, but it was disturbing nonetheless because of the racket that was made while I was trying to read before going to bed or just trying to relax in the room. Other than that, it really was a very nice place to stay, although I'm not so sure that I should have paid extra to have a "quiet room" at the back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went here with my boyfriend and family in January 2013.

Good family run hotel. Great food and breakfast is amazing. It a bit of a walk to the ski lift in the morning so we paid for a locker to put our skis and boots in at the lift station. The staff are all very friendly and happy to help

Dislikes: People smoking in the bar makes it smell a bit. Also the noise from the Londoner pub which is open very late is really loud. On our first night we got no sleep because of the shouting outside our bedroom we asked to be moved to another room but unfortunately they didn’t have any rooms available. As the week went on it got better as we just used some earplugs. If I was going back in the future I would choose a room on the posit side facing a quiet street.

Would go back as long as had a different room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Steyning, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I spent 4 nights here during February half term for a skiing holiday with my kids. The location was simply perfect; right in the centre of Kitzbuhel, a 5 minute walk to the main cable car up the mountain for skiing (Hahnenkamm) and ski rental places, 2 minutes walk to the Aquarena swimming place, which the kids really enjoyed, shops and restaurants and the main/high street. Service was excellent, and the room price included an awesome breakfast buffet (I am a foodie and this was great), free use of a dvd player with more than 500 titles in various languages, free wifi, and free use of their "wellness centre" which is basically a steam and dry sauna, with a cold shower called the cold grotto, but recliners to relax and a welcome treat after skiing. That said, prices in Kitzbuhel are ridiculously high, especially during peak ski season, and this hotel was no exception, I don't think they were any more of a rip-off than other hotels, but I still found it really expensive, and it was a 4 star hotel, not 5 star, but I think that is just the Kitzbuhel area! One thing I found negative was there was no thermostat or control of the heat in the room and I found it hot, so had to open the window, then it got too cold etc...And, when I asked for an extra hour or two to check out later they said no because they were full, which was a disappointment. Overall I was very happy though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Located in the centre of Kitzbuhel, this is certainly worth the stay, from the first step inside there was a warm feeling, (not due to the fact that it was snowing outside), the staff were welcoming and made you feel relaxed. The room was very spacious and had good quality shampoo and conditioner. The only set back was the noise from over the road at the pub, so i would suggest a rear room to avoid this. With a sauna and massage centre it was ideal after a day skiing. As has been said in many other reviews the breakfast was fantastic a wide range of choice. we certainly will recommend this hotel to friends and family

Room Tip: Ask for a rear room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sporthotel Reisch? Share your experiences!