“Family fun.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Kitzbuhel
London, United Kingdom
“Family fun.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is very good and extremely reasonable.

I spent a week here with my girlfriend with her family/friends. All in all a very fun week, the hotel is centrally located a stones throw form the Londoner, a super fun apres pub open til the early hours (this can be noisy though). There is a 5 minutes walk up to the main lift so be warned but I recommend renting a locker at the lift station for €8 per day so save your energy. All th restaurants, bars, casino are within 2 mins.

The rooms are pretty basic but have everything you need including, gowns, slippers, bathroom amenities etc etc... and they were cleaned up very well everyday. The biggest annoyance whilst here is the fact that people can smoke in the hotel bar, and the cleaners always left he stair well doors open which subsequently meant the place did smell of smoke pretty badly until I opened all the stairwell windows daily and shut the doors.

We went half board - breakfast is as expected with all the trimmings including a whole hive of honey which was pretty nice. Dinners were a set menu with a few choices and huge amounts of salad to begin with - all in all very good value for money but not exemplary, but your not paying for that.

Otherwise we only really used the spa, which is pretty good, you get use of the sauna, steam room, showers and sleeping area which was great after a long day skiing.

I think the hotel might be a little old fashioned for some but if you want great value for money come here its well worth it and the skiing is fairly extensive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was greeted with a very warm welcome to this family run hotel. The breakfast buffet was excellent with quite a variety of good food. I had one dinner at the hotel as well, and it was very good. The staff went out of their way to help me make dinner reservations for the rest of my evenings in Kitzbühel. The storage area for ski gear was very handy. The room was comfortable, although it was a bit plain. I had requested a room at the back of the hotel in order to avoid the noise issues that I had read about and paid extra for it. However, I was right above the kitchen and there was a lot of noise coming from it. The noise lasted until around 11pm and started early in the morning. I couldn't figure out where the banging, clashing, etc. was coming from at first, but I asked the staff if my room was above the kitchen and they confirmed that it was so. So, while I didn't have to suffer from the pub noise in front of the hotel, I had to endure the kitchen noise below room 111! It didn't interfere a lot with my sleep, but it was disturbing nonetheless because of the racket that was made while I was trying to read before going to bed or just trying to relax in the room. Other than that, it really was a very nice place to stay, although I'm not so sure that I should have paid extra to have a "quiet room" at the back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went here with my boyfriend and family in January 2013.

Good family run hotel. Great food and breakfast is amazing. It a bit of a walk to the ski lift in the morning so we paid for a locker to put our skis and boots in at the lift station. The staff are all very friendly and happy to help

Dislikes: People smoking in the bar makes it smell a bit. Also the noise from the Londoner pub which is open very late is really loud. On our first night we got no sleep because of the shouting outside our bedroom we asked to be moved to another room but unfortunately they didn’t have any rooms available. As the week went on it got better as we just used some earplugs. If I was going back in the future I would choose a room on the posit side facing a quiet street.

Would go back as long as had a different room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Steyning, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I spent 4 nights here during February half term for a skiing holiday with my kids. The location was simply perfect; right in the centre of Kitzbuhel, a 5 minute walk to the main cable car up the mountain for skiing (Hahnenkamm) and ski rental places, 2 minutes walk to the Aquarena swimming place, which the kids really enjoyed, shops and restaurants and the main/high street. Service was excellent, and the room price included an awesome breakfast buffet (I am a foodie and this was great), free use of a dvd player with more than 500 titles in various languages, free wifi, and free use of their "wellness centre" which is basically a steam and dry sauna, with a cold shower called the cold grotto, but recliners to relax and a welcome treat after skiing. That said, prices in Kitzbuhel are ridiculously high, especially during peak ski season, and this hotel was no exception, I don't think they were any more of a rip-off than other hotels, but I still found it really expensive, and it was a 4 star hotel, not 5 star, but I think that is just the Kitzbuhel area! One thing I found negative was there was no thermostat or control of the heat in the room and I found it hot, so had to open the window, then it got too cold etc...And, when I asked for an extra hour or two to check out later they said no because they were full, which was a disappointment. Overall I was very happy though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Located in the centre of Kitzbuhel, this is certainly worth the stay, from the first step inside there was a warm feeling, (not due to the fact that it was snowing outside), the staff were welcoming and made you feel relaxed. The room was very spacious and had good quality shampoo and conditioner. The only set back was the noise from over the road at the pub, so i would suggest a rear room to avoid this. With a sauna and massage centre it was ideal after a day skiing. As has been said in many other reviews the breakfast was fantastic a wide range of choice. we certainly will recommend this hotel to friends and family

Room Tip: Ask for a rear room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed at Sporthotel Reish for one week Walking Holiday from January 26th WHAT a holiday every thing was just wonderful . Hotel, Staff, Food, Location. During our stay we marked two big events in our lives . 25 years married and 50th birthdays Thank you Nina and staff for making our holiday so memorable. Location is ideal as we met Engelbert each morning 9.45am at tourist office just down the street for free guided walks. some place new every day at a nice relaxed pace with coffee and lunch stop. I highly recommend this hotel for Adults and we will be returning.Thank you again Sporthotel Reish and Engelbert the tourist office walking guide

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Family run :they and their staff really welcome you to their hotel. Beautiful, relaxing dining areas. Very good food : there is an outstanding choice for breakfast, with pre-cooked food
included like boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausages, and eggs done to order as well. One of the nice touches is they provide a very large block of pure Honeycomb. We were there HB via a tour operator and had a 5 course meal each evening - they will do their very best to give you an altenative main course if neither of 2 choices ( one being vegetarian ) is not acceptable. Our room was very comfortable with a nice sitting area with a flat screen TV which has BBC London, BBC World, and CNN news in English. Also you can just about fit a lap top computer in the easy to use room safe. There is free WIFI in the rooms and everywhere in the hotel. They have an outside,heated bar with lively music to enjoy early evening drinks and watch the passers by.

The hotel is very centrally located, with a heated ski storage room. Although the walk to the Hahnenkamm Lift Station is only 5-7 mins up hill, you may like to hire a storage locker at the lift station for you boots, skis etc. Also, the Tourist Office is just close by as is the main high street with its many shops, cafes etc. Also across the road from the hotel is a Billa supermarket ( not open Sundays |) and the famous Londoner Pub for great live music apre ski 4.30 - 7 pm approx each day.

Any weaknesses :

It can get quite warm in the rooms at night ( I assume in winter only ) which is good in the early evening when relaxing or watching TV and for drying ski jackets etc in the bathroom. But if you are in a room facing the front, you may not want to open a window for fresh air before going to bed due to the noise from revellers passing by or buying food from a kebab hut across the road open in to the early hours.

They have converted their front facing, only lounge in to a busy bar, but you have a private lounge in effect in your room.

And a gripe I have with here and with all 4-5 star hotels in Kitzbuhel, in France, in the UK and in the Caribbean ( if you are not guests on an all inclusive basis ) is that wine at dinner is not cheap - the cheapest bottle we could find was Euro 30,

I am sure we will return to this hotel.

And what of Kitzbuhel itself :

A beautiful historic town to walk around or have a drink or meal in one of the many cafes. The Huberbrau in the high street is very popular with locals, serving reasonably priced food and drink.

Free guided, nearly all day walks, with some being snow shoe walks: Monday to Friday, 9.45 am organised by Engelbert of the Tourist Office. Many thanks Engelbert from Marcia : it is the reason we keep coming back here.

Ski Slopes : Many positive improvments to lifts and slopes : a number of new chair lifts replace drag lifts. Many chair lifts are now heated. Additional lifts make getting from one slope to another easier. A number of slopes such as No 37 ex Hahnenkamm are much wider and easier to ski on busy mornings. And getting back to the Hahnenkamm lift If not skiing down to the town ) ex run 36 is much easier ex the low rope lift at the end with an easier slope to the door area of the lift. And for some years now the great 3S lift ( closes 4 pm ) connecting the Pengelstein area with that of Pass Thurn is fantastic thus enabling you to ski far away and back to the Hahnenkamm on one day. Two of my favourite, blue runs are 20 and 27.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sporthotel Reisch? Share your experiences!