1 star for this hotel as the pictures are very misleading:
Looks like a quaint hotel in the rolling hills outside town.
In reality the hotel is next to the tracks, at the bus and train station in the getto of Kitzbuhel.
The rooms look huge, rivaling the size of a suite in A-Rosa. The fish eye lens of the camera really tricks you as the rooms are in reality cramped. I will post some pictures of the view from my room looking at the bus/train station and my single room without fisheye lens. I read in tripadvisor reviews that double rooms are cramped too.
There is no wifi in the hotel rooms.
Hey, this is an expensive hotel! No wifi is just not acceptable (200 for a single room, closet size).
The bed was small but a bigger issue was that the duvet was so thin that I actually was cold in the night. And no spare blanket.
The rooms are very noisy too. I could understand the conversations in the next door room and could hear which movie they were watching. Very annoying!
This was the fist hotel I visited for a long time without a basic iron in the room. Ok, it's not a business hotel but I though that was pretty standard.
To be fair, the breakfast was excellent. (Even though on the pictures the restaurant looks much bigger with the fisheye lens but who cares). You can make your own fresh orange juice or grind other fruits to juice, nice breakfast selection and eggs made on request while you wait. For some reason my cappuccino was always luke-warm so a little improvement there.
Bottom line, overpriced hotel for what you get with some very basic issues. If the room price was half What I paid would have given it 3 stars. Now only 1. (A first time for me, only rating a hotel 1 star).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The family-owned Q! Resort Health & Spa is the first certified organic health resort in Kitzbuhel. In the restaurant, guests have the option to choose between a gourmet menu, a vegetarian or a vegan menu All menus are prepared by using local and organic products, especially for people who are allergic to certain ingredients. In addition to basefasting the Q! Resort Health & Spa stands for healthy nutrition and holistic, conscious living. Experience the daily changing body program - yoga, meditation, belly training, Pilates etc.- With trained therapists, who will accompany that the guests will find the journey to themselves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Escapio, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Q! Resort Health & Spa Kitzbuehel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astoria Kitzbuehel Kitzbühel
- Astoria Kitzbuehel Hotel Kitzbühel