“Photos are very misleading!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Q! Resort Health & Spa Kitzbuehel

You added Q! Resort Health & Spa Kitzbuehel to your Saves list
Q! Resort Health & Spa Kitzbuehel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bahnhofplatz 1, Kitzbuhel 6370, Austria (Formerly Astoria Kitzbuehel)   |
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Kitzbuhel
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Photos are very misleading!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

1 star for this hotel as the pictures are very misleading:
Looks like a quaint hotel in the rolling hills outside town.
In reality the hotel is next to the tracks, at the bus and train station in the getto of Kitzbuhel.
The rooms look huge, rivaling the size of a suite in A-Rosa. The fish eye lens of the camera really tricks you as the rooms are in reality cramped. I will post some pictures of the view from my room looking at the bus/train station and my single room without fisheye lens. I read in tripadvisor reviews that double rooms are cramped too.

There is no wifi in the hotel rooms.
Hey, this is an expensive hotel! No wifi is just not acceptable (200 for a single room, closet size).

The bed was small but a bigger issue was that the duvet was so thin that I actually was cold in the night. And no spare blanket.

The rooms are very noisy too. I could understand the conversations in the next door room and could hear which movie they were watching. Very annoying!

This was the fist hotel I visited for a long time without a basic iron in the room. Ok, it's not a business hotel but I though that was pretty standard.

To be fair, the breakfast was excellent. (Even though on the pictures the restaurant looks much bigger with the fisheye lens but who cares). You can make your own fresh orange juice or grind other fruits to juice, nice breakfast selection and eggs made on request while you wait. For some reason my cappuccino was always luke-warm so a little improvement there.

Bottom line, overpriced hotel for what you get with some very basic issues. If the room price was half What I paid would have given it 3 stars. Now only 1. (A first time for me, only rating a hotel 1 star).

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2015

This is a nice hotel. It is not inside the city, but with a 10 minutes walk, beside the nice river, you can reach the city. The room is very clean and comfortable, nice bathroom with heater to the clothes. The staff is friendly. Although, there is no kids menu they prepared special meal to my daughter. The bus stops around 18:00, but the stores in the city runs until the same time. The restaurants in the city run until 22:00. The hotel is in front of the train station, you only cross the road. The shuttle bus (ring bus) to ski station pass in front the hotel and it is not need to pay.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

Loved this hotel it was perfect for our trip to Kitzbuhel. We decided to fly to Munich from the uk and then made our way by train. This was so easy to do, I was concerned but it was perfect, the train stops at two stops in kitzbuhel so you need the main one which was second for us not the Hahnenkamm stop near the gondola. The hotel is directly outside the train station and on arrival looking beautiful with fairy lights outside.
On arrival we were greated by very friendly staff and offered Gluevien, great start! The hotel is absolutely stunning, the decor is just gorgeous everything is really thought out and interesting. The bar has a lovely feel with warn log fire but has a really modern feel. The restaurant is equally lovely with many areas all designed differently.
We were shown to our room 312 and the hotel has two lifts so the porter deliver our bags. This room had a lovely balcony and a view out to the slopes and town. It was a good size and was in the eaves so had character. We loved it but the bathroom was very small and the shower okay for a normal height person but my partner being tall struggled to use it with soaking the whole bathroom. After two days we asked if we could move and Jessica on reception gave us a guided tour and offered us numerous options, I really enjoyed looking at the different options as they were all different but beautifully decorated. Some of the hotel is old and some is new build, we chose room 221 which was on the second floor had a fabulous wooden balcony overlooking the river as the previous room, even a rocking chair and deckchairs to sit outside!
This room was a lot bigger and had a beamed high ceiling loads of cupboard space and a great large bathroom with a walk in shower area. Again this was all decorated lovely and the beds were lovely and comfortable in both rooms. This room was 30€ extra per night but was worth the extra. These rooms are classed as medium or I expect superior online. We were also showed the large rooms which they have two off, again lovely with sunken bath and a separate wet room. Only one of these has a balcony so bear that in mind.
Now on to the food, at breakfast a great choice lots of healthy options as the hotel is all about wellness but also eggs, omellettes & even bacon and cakes!! The usual cereals and breads fruits yogurts which I believe were homemade and the normal meats and cheeses. At breakfast there is is newsletter for the day with the evening dinner menus!
WOW ...... Where do I start you can choose Gourmet, vegetarian or vegan. We mostly had the gourmet choices but did have some of the other choices and they were fabulous too. You can start with the salad buffet with amazing olives and sundries tomatoes etc and loads of breads, the best Walnut bread I have ever tasted!!!
Then you are given the starter all the portions are small but perfectly adequate as you are having four courses, everything that came out from the kitchen was like a picture so beautifully presented and tasted amazing, some of the best food we have had on a skiing holiday. Things sometimes sounded strange due to the translation but one night it was semolina ........ It arrived and wasn't recognisable as semolina it was like a dumpling and the sauce and decoration just stunning so don't be put off! I enjoyed every meal and wish I could eat like that every day! The staff were really lovely and the new guy Lucas made us laugh all the time! Could fault the food! Bear in mind you do pay a 12.5% service charge on drinks.

Location of the hotel is hard to work out to start with but it is literally 10 mins walk through the most stunning town, the hotel does have a ski locker room and the ski bus literally stops next door but we chose to hire a locker at the main gondola so we could walk back in the evening and enjoy the après ski!! It was brill and only around £20 for the week well worth it! Our skis came from Hervis which is right near the gondola but offered our skis at a great price better than any other we checked after getting them. Think it wasa saving of at least 30€ compared to inter sport! Loved Kitzbuhel slopes and town and would recommend this hotel great value for money compared to other hotels I looked at.

The spa area lovely but on arrival I was confronted with naked people everywhere it was just too much for me although I would have liked to try out the areas. Treatments looked really nice but sadly we were offered a discount on leaving for our next visit I would have probably used it if i had it during our seven night stay.

My only negative is on changing our room and paying more to the hotel per night was that they charged us 20€ for changing rooms which I thought was strange as were spending more money?

The staff were so friendly and how some reviewers can say it wasn't friendly is so strange? Maybe treat people nicely and they are nice to you!!!

Defiantly recommend this hotel and will defiantly stay again for skiing hol, bet it's even lovely in summer too!

Thanks for a wonderful stay and big thank you to Jessica and Anna on reception who were so nice to us.

Sarah & Gary

Stay 7th -14th Jan 2015

Room Tip: Get the medium room with balcony
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014

The hotel is overpriced for the services provided. The rooms looks different than the pictures ,the stuff working there is very unprofessional and they only care about the money that will make of you and they do not give you the warm feeling that a place like that should have.
As an example please note that that have applied an additional charge of 720 euro for a kid 4 years old for a 5 night stay !!!!!!!
The wifi was free but slow as a donkey !!!!
There was no large towels in the rooms (as in the majority of 4 stars hotels) but only the medium to small size towels.
Overall it is not worth it to spend your money and stay in this hotel,which is only by name a resort !!!!!!

Room Tip: i can not find a good tip to suggest
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014 via mobile

The staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble.food was excellent. It was very clean.The hotel is a good 5 minutes from the centre, so it was very quiet, and it is 50 metres from the train station, a massive plus.I will be going again to Kitz and it will be this Hotel, no question.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is next to the train station and a 10-15 min walk from the main town.

We stayed half board as there was an offer when we booked. The meal was very nice and they even offer a vegan option. If you are vegan this hotel would be a good choice as you would be well catered for, a good selection at breakfast also.

Rooms are nice and modern, ours was fairly small but as we were only staying one night it wasn't an issue.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

It's a stylish hotel. Lovely Spa and a little but cold swimming pond. Room was sufficient although small. The location is quite central.
So now about the service -we were a wedding party of about 40 people - and all of us had the same troubles.
When I arrived I was told to park my car at a nearby (approximately 200m distant) supermarket. It's not only the fact that they had insufficient parking space but the way how I was told. 2ndly - the bar was closed at about 11:00pm, no room service n no mini bar was available. Again it was they way how it was presented to us. 3rdly - 1 day before checking out I asked for a late check-out but was told to leave the latest at 11:30 as the hotel is fully booked n the rooms need to be ready for the next guests. After further inquiry I was offered to stay until max 3:00 for a further Euro 50!!!.
Such a inflexible n partly rude service will not make me come back :-(

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
QResortTeam, Leiter Front Office at Q! Resort Health & Spa Kitzbuehel, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for the time you taken to give us our own feedback.

We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay in our house.
Our standard is that our staff is friendly and polite to face the guests.

We provide availability of free parking in front of our hotel, which can not be reserved. Additionally, you can park in our hotel parking garage for a fee of 13, - EUR night / car.
If you want to save the parking fees, the surrounding parking can be approached at your own risk.

We are again discussed explicitly in the formulations to our guests at our meeting.

Our bar is open regularly until 11:00 p.m.. Otherwise with us applies the phrase "Open till the last guest leaves."
On the said date there were no guests at the bar.
Unfortunately, we did not schedule the wedding party.
We would love to have you welcomed into the bar on theevening.
From an economic perspective, we have decided against a minibar.
Our night porter is available for the little thirsty in the night.
Our check out time is at 11:00 a.m..
We find an additional fee of 50,00 Euro for the Late check out is a more accommodating price keeping in mind that we can not forgive other guests the room to 3 p.m. We are very sorry that we could not convince our hotel and thank you very much for your feedback.

With kind regards

Family Loock

Been to Q! Resort Health & Spa Kitzbuehel? Share your experiences!