We stayed at the Schwarzer Adler Spa hotel in Kitzbuhel in May 2013 and what a fantastic stay we had.
Where to start?... the hotel receptionists couldn't of be more helpful and accommodating throughout our whole stay. From advising us how to get the most out of our trip, where to go, how to get there - nothing was ever too much trouble and all info. was always delivered with a smile. Our room was simply awesome - contemporary in style with traditional Austrian influences weaved in.
The room had all of the mod cons, and best of all, a fantastic view looking up towards The Hahnenkamm. The room was also exceptionally clean and had a fantastic sofa by the window maximising the view of the mountains opposite. After a day walking in the awe inspiring mountains of the Kitzbuhel region and some time relaxing in the spa, the room offered us the perfect sanctuary to relax and reflect on the days events.
The Spa itself is one of the best we have ever stayed at. The Spa area itself is a work of art, sensitively designed to maximise your time of relaxation from the moment you enter. Whether it be swimming in the heated indoor pool, chilling out in the jacuzzi, relaxing in the sauna, bio-sauna and steam room or simply having a complimentary cup of tea while reading a book - the experience of the spa will leave you feeling refreshed and relaxed and ready for another day out in the mountains.
[Our highlight - the rooftop pool and sunbathing area]:
And then there's the rooftop pool and sunbathing area... WOW! Words simply won't do this justice! The roof top offers 360 degree panoramic views of the Kitzbuhel region which are just mind blowing! We had seen photos before arriving but you will still be blown away by the views! If you want to simply switch off for the day I can think of no better place to do so - you really won't be disappointed. There are plenty of sun beds on the roof, free towels and an area in which there are sofas and chairs to chill in - incredible!
The only final thing I wanted to mention is the food. We opted for half board option and were not left disappointed. In the evening we ate at the in-house a la carte gourmet restaurant "Neuwirt" which has been awarded with 2 toques Gault Millau and 1 Michellin Star and quite rightly deserves to be known as one of the best restaurants in Tyrol. The presentation, the textures, the taste - all a complete work of art! The service was personal, friendly and extremely attentive to every dietary requirement and this was all served up in a charming, relaxed setting. You really do have to eat here - a truly amazing experience!
The last thing to say is that all of the hotel staff we met were simply wonderful, and I really mean that. Friendly and relaxed, personable, approachable, attentive - you will always be greeted with a warm smile. In short, I would recommend this hotel to anybody.
Thank you to everybody at the Schwarzer Adler for making this holiday a wonderful experience for us!
- Also Known As:
- Schwarzer Adler Kitzbuhel Hotel
- Schwarzer Adler Kitzbuhel Kitzbühel
- Schwarzer Adler Kitzbuhel Hotel Kitzbühel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From a modest country inn to an award-winning boutique hotel: guests are drawn to Kitzbühel’s Schwarzer Adler for its traditional hospitality, modern architecture, and stupendous views across the entire city from the longest rooftop pool in the Alps. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Schwarzer Adler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.