We really enjoyed our stay at the Schwarzer Adler earlier in March. Our standard double room was very good size and nicely decorated. We did not have the best view the hotel can offer, but frankly we did not care as we got the best view from the top of the Hahnenkamm ! The bathroom was also very good size with large shower box and bath ( useful when you have to rinse your ski gear !). We booked half board and were not disappointed by the food, that was varied and top good quality. Wine list bit limited, but we spot a couple of good bottles. Breakfast was fantastic with plenty of choice from hot and cold buffet, plenty of fresh healthy option and lovely freshly baked bread, they even serve good Cappuccino ( always tricky !)
We were not sure about the evening entertainment with the 'Italian piano bar' ( it finishes at 11 pm and not 2 am as I read in other review) , but majority of guests seemed to enjoy that and it attracted also non resident, nevertheless it was good to be in a lively venue and we enjoyed spending a couple of nights at the hotel bar. The Spa is definitely one of the reason why to choose this Hotel : wonderful, modern facilities help you to relax after the hard work on the slopes ! Only negative points : I would have enjoyed more luxurious toiletries and towels, both quite cheap. Turn down service is not included in all the rates...so standard room do not get : it would have been nice to be informed beforehand about this and not finding out after check-in.
Overall we would definitely recommend this Hotel a probably come back soon ! `For me one of the best option in Kitz !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From a modest country inn to an award-winning boutique hotel: guests are drawn to Kitzbühel’s Schwarzer Adler for its traditional hospitality, modern architecture, and stupendous views across the entire city from the longest rooftop pool in the Alps. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Schwarzer Adler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schwarzer Adler Kitzbuhel Kitzbühel
- Schwarzer Adler Kitzbuhel Hotel Kitzbühel