“Really good hostel, complimented by great breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nepomuks B&B Backpackers Hostel Innsbruck

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Innsbruck
Nepomuks B&B Backpackers Hostel Innsbruck
You added Nepomuks B&B Backpackers Hostel Innsbruck to your Saves list
Kiebachgasse 16, Innsbruck A6020, Austria   |
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Really good hostel, complimented by great breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, the location was excellent, and the included breakfast was absolutely terrific.

I'll get the down side out of the way first. The hostel does not have a 24 hour reception, or really a reception at all. To check in you have to enter the cafe underneath, and the times at which you can check in are limited. This provides a slight inconvenience, but not enough to stop me highly recommending this hostel.

At €26 a night for a dorm bed the value works out pretty good (by Austria standards anyway!) You have to pay €9 for a key (which includes a key to the building, to your room, and to your locker) which you get back on checking out. The hostel is right in the heart of Innsbruck, terrifically located.

The dorm room is very spacious, beds are comfortable, lamp and lockers are present - can't ask for much more really.

The breakfast that you get included is in the cafe below, and is terrific. You have to enter the back room of the cafe which seems to exclusively be for people staying at the hostel, and you get coffee, juice, cereal, toast and jams, and then best of all a delicious strudel. Perfect way to start the day.

Overall I'd definitely recommend anyone staying in Innsbruck to check out this hostel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Augsburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for two nights. We booked for the dorm room, but there was another man who wished to stay in the dorm room so we were given a private double room instead! The staff were really friendly and helpful! Great location, exactly at the old town. Not too far from the central station. Nice breakfast at the cafe next to the hostel. The only problem we had was that we kept losing the wifi connection. Other than that everything was great and we really enjoyed our stay! I would stay at Nepomuks again if I should visit Innsbruck again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at nepomuks. As other reviewers have said, finding it is tricky, but the location within the city is fantastic. We were able to eat breakfast, wander around the city for a little bit, and go back to our room to take a quick break during the middle of the day.
We stayed in one of the two person rooms, and it was huge. The beds were definatly on the firm side of things, but not so much so that I was unable to get a good nights sleep. Our room was very quiet and we were not disturbed by noise from outside at all.
The kitchen was great. The pantry was stocked with a few shapes of pasta, rice, coffee, tea, onions, garlic etc.. They have most of the basics, and we were able to save a lot of money by cooking dinner at Nepomuks.
You will be hard pressed to find a cleaner bathroom and shower than what was there. I was there at the same time as the cleaning ladies one day, and they were really scrubbing everything (including the kitchen). The shower is weird though, in that you have to keep pressing the button for water every couple of seconds, and did not make for a very relaxing shower. There are towels already there, but the only soap they provide are little packets of shower gel. The toilet is separate from the shower and sink.
Breakfast is provided at the café downstairs. You get coffee/tea/OJ/hot chocolate; semmel (rolls) with apricot and johannisberry jams, nutella, and butter; a bowl of cornflakes and milk, and a pastry from the café (of their choosing), for each person. The first day we were there, our pastries were apple strudel and sachertorte, and the second day, more apple strudel and some sort of flaky doughnut which I forget the name of. I would not be surprised if the pastries were just leftovers from the day before, but the strudel was very good.
the décor was a mix of antiques (the stand that has flyers and info about Innsbruck was an old woodstove), late 80s painting/built in furniture, and new things from ikea. There were about 10 different light fixtures in our room, but we never felt like there was enough light in the rom after the sun set.
The owner was very nice, and offered to hold our bags after we checked out so we could explore the city some more.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The location of this place is a win, very central. Might be diff to find, but just look for a McDonald's, and then facing it, take a few steps to the right and then right Again into a lane.

I stayed in the mixed dorm for 2 nights. Comfort is not really there. Bed were shaking and you can actually feel it when your bunk partner tossed n turned AND when the opposite bunk partner does I too (for my case). One toilet and one bath for 10 persons or so. Kind of tight, so got to be early if you want to be earlier than the rest.

Noisy because of The street below.
Kitchen can be used. No common area except for in dorm. Very small place.
Breakfast is a win too. Definitely.

All in all, I will stay here again but only if it's for 2 nights of less.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have to thank first of all the female owner, which is also the owner of the downstairs coffee shop: because at the moment it's not possible to book online or with credit card details, she kept a bed for me, trusting that I was coming at night as I mentioned to her by phone, and facilitating my late arrival despite no staff was available. The dorm room was very large, not like many hostels with 6 beds in small rooms (in small apartments), room ceiling was decorated, infact the apartment was part of an historical building in the heart of the old rown. Very quiet and clean hostel. Breakfast at the (historical as well) coffee shop downstairs was very good and it was included in the price

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

A little inconvenient for a traveler who relies on web access to book hostels, but I managed to do a walk-in on two separate occasions with no problem. It is located in the old district, in an old building, the next street over from the Golden Dome. Can't get more convenient than that for exploring the old district. Free breakfast in the morning, nothing special, but enough to get you started on the right foot. They do require a $20 euro deposit for your key, which they give back, and payments are cash only. WiFi hardly worked, but there is a McDonald's the next street over for free WiFi. I was there in September, so there were any other dormmates on both occasions I stayed. About a 10 minute walk from central station, but there are plenty of taxis parked along the plaza.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Salzburg, Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I am shocked this place has gotten so many positive reviews and that Lonely Planet has named it as a Top Choice.

My experience was one of the worst I've had in a hostel ...I certainly wouldn't call this a Bed and Breakfast. It was a total ripoff for 24 euro a night in a DORM room!!!

First, a 20!! Euro key deposit is ludacris. How is this backpacker friendly??

Second, there was only ONE toilet and ONE shower for 10 people!!

Third, the "common area" is in the dorm so people who weren't even sleeping in our room were in and out.

Fourth, the server for breakfast was horribly rude and treated us as an inconvenience rather than guests. And the breakfast itself..stale, stale, stale. They must have been giving us old, expired pastries and cereal.

On the last day the cleaning lady RUDELY pointed to her watch and kicked us out of the room BEFORE the check out time.

I WILL MAKE IT A POINT TO TELL OTHER TRAVELLERS TO AVOID THIS "BED AND BREAKFAST"!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Anywhere else.