“An Old Town Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 80 Hotels in Innsbruck
Hayle, United Kingdom
“An Old Town Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Situated in the middle of the Old Town pedestrian area, this hotel has an unimposing front and the stairs to reception on the first floor were no better, but there the negatives stop, unless you object to the plethora of animal sculls with horns and antlers, This is a very quaint old hotel which is family run, the service within the hotel is excellent and the staff are friendly and polite. Rooms are not supplied with kettles (a negative for English visitors who like to make a hot drink in their room), so we asked for a kettle and one was duly supplied. The restaurant is very popular with the local inhabitants and gets very busy. If you want to dine there, you should contact the hotel in advance to reserve a table to make sure that you can dine at your chosen time. We had an excellent meal of local cuisine at a very reasonable price. We booked a de luxe room and were given a room with a balcony on the top floor, with partial views to mountains on three sides. We stayed here in the busy Christmas market period with stalls right outside the hotel, but in the room, it was very quiet.
As already mentioned, it is in the middle of Old Town, and is ideal for the Christmas markets. It is also very close to the river and it is a relatively short stroll to the foothills, where we enjoyed some excellent rural walks. We expect to stay here again, next year.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed our room on the top floor.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pavia, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed in this renovated older building housing a couple of time last year (the last one just last week). The Gasthof is located in the downtown in the pedestrian area but there is a convenient underground public parking lot very close. Perfectly good rooms, in the Tyrollean style whit salt wall in the bathroom. Nice breakfast even if in the region you can find even more. Felt a little pricey but I do recommend this place.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Teddington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights whilst on a business trip to Innsbruck. It was very last minute and I was travelling very light but the hotel staff were more than accomodating in helping me with directions arund the town and who to talk to, despite my total lack of German.

The food in the hotel restaurant was sublime, I had dinner there my first night, and ate out the second night (the local pizza place is worth a look in if you like that kind of thing). I also had breakfast at the hotel both mornings of my stay and they have a wide choice of breakfast options to choose from.

I definitely want to return to Innsbruck, preferably not on a business trip, and will definitely be staying at the Gasthof Weisses Rossl again!

Room Tip: I had a room on the top floor of the hotel, with a fully fitted kitchen (and bathroom with a walk-in...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

Centrally located in a pedestrian only area, just be aware you have to park in parking garage a few blocks away and lug your belongings to the hotel. There is an elevator but you don't get access to it until you've gotten to the second floor. Service was fine, breakfast was actually very, very good, especially the made-to-order eggs. The rooms...ugh. Some appeared to have been updated; ours were not. Tiny rooms. Tiny. Too much furniture in them even. Even worse was that we asked for a quieter room but we were placed in rooms literally 30 feet from loud construction/renovation noise next door. Our 18-month-old couldn't get her daily nap, but they were kind to provide a crib for her. Barely fit in the room, though. I won't be going back to Innsbruck but if I were I'd probably look around a little more first. However, once the renovation work next door is complete I would get more excited about Weisses Rossl. It was just too much but there's nothing the hotel can do about it for now.

Stayed October 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

We stayed 4 delightful nights in the old part of Innsbruck in a massive suite, which had an extra bed tucked away next to the wardrobe - great for a third adult or child to enjoy privacy.
The double bed was super-comfy with duck down duvets in crisp white linen. The only pity was we did not sleep-in to enjoy the comfort due to our hectic schedule. The outside balcony was terrific for relaxing and with views of an old church and the outdoor eating area of the hotel.
The guesthouse is very conveniently located in the main tourist section of old town, however, there is building construction taking place in front of the entrance, which did not interfere with us as our room faced the back of the building.

Be warned, there are stairs to negotiate with your luggage to take you to the Reception, and the front door is kept locked at night + weekends, so make sure each person has their own room key to open the front door with! The breakfast is very satisfying, especially the cooked eggs made to order. The waitresses seem to be overworked but always managed a smile somehow.
Another downside is that only Taxis are allowed to drop you and pick you up at the hotel, since this area is pedestrianized. This was a problem for our friends in Innsbruck who transported us during our stay.

Incidentally, the evening suppers seem to be very popular in the guesthouse (we did not get a chance to eat in any day as we were with friends in Innsbruck). This must be due to a well-earned reputation? Perhaps we can try out on our next stay....

Room Tip: Upgrade to their Suites on the top floor if you can
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Issaquah, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My family and I (husband and 2 teenage sons) stayed here for one night. What a lovely place in the heart of old town. There is plenty of restaurants and shopping close by. We enjoyed their wonderful breakfast that is included in the price. Can't go wrong. Wife strong..which is not the case in many hotels in Europe.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We visited - myself and 2 young adult sons. The staff was kind, helpful and accommodating. The room was perfect for 3 adults. It is quaint and clean, in addition to being a perfect reflection of the Austrian culture. We loved that it was right in the heart of everything. Breakfast was exquisite.

I highly recommend this place and I will definitely stay there whenever I return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Gasthof Weisses Rossl? Share your experiences!