“Great hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Casablanca, Morocco
“Great hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Penz is great. Service was excellent, the hotel is modern, clean, and everything worked.

The breakfast really is amazing. Really.

The location is perfect, just off of the main drag.

The only annoyance was that the WiFi would cut out frequently - I could always reconnect quickly but it was a pain.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at several hotels in Innsbruck but hotel is by far the best. The hotel is located right at Old Town area adjacent to restaurants and shopping area. Room is clean, employees are friendly and breakfast is superb. Free wifi is available throughout the hotel. The hotel would have been perfect if there is a gym. One small suggestion: housekeeping may need to pay attention to little details. On the first day of my stay, I noticed there were only two bath towels and no hand towels were placed. I also noticed one broken trouser hanger in the closet. HK staff should have checked and replace broken items.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Second visit to the hotel with family this time and the standards are still high and I would not stay anywhere else in Innsbruck. Plus the breakfast is awesome and the best I have ever had on all my trips.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

I've just returned from a 4 night stay at this modern hotel. The service and location were excellent. Literally 1 minute walk from the old town and there are plenty of restaurants around the hotel. I've never seen such a varied selection for breakfast hot & cold buffet including varied fruits which they are very proud of, meats, fish, lots of cheese, lots of different breads, jams, cakes, sausage, bacon, eggs etc etc and champagne. The views of the snow capped mountains are also amazing from the 5th floor bar and breakfast room. We went to the 5th floor bar twice and I loved the atmosphere and lush cocktails the bar tenders seem to have excellent knowledge. The rooms were minimalist and bathrooms spacious modern with a separate hair dryer. The rooms were pretty hot (although it was absolutely freezing outside!). I would advise anyone who comes to innsbruck to stay at this hotel!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Penz is a very modern hotel in the heart of Innsbruck with good parking facilities. The hotel staff is very friendly - but the main reason why I would not hesitate to go back there is the incredible breakfast. I have stayed at a number of top hotels in the tropics but nowhere did they have this selection of tropical fruit. Wonderful also the variety of cheeses, meats, etc. and you can also start the day with a glass of champagne.
I can highly recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed for three nights in August. It's a fun boutique hotel and the decor was nice.

The good:
- The design is nice and the room was comfortable
- The staff was very friendly and had big smiles
- The location was great, near the old town, the cable car, not horribly far from the train station
- The breakfast was really good, lots of exotic fruits, different flavors of yogurts (a honey, museli yogurt that I would love to be able to get at home), some of the breads were just so-so but the number of jellies and varieties of honey were great, I had a carrot cake muffin with a hidden cream frosting center that was ridiculously good (like a carrot cake twinkie)

The bad or unexpected from this level of hotel:
- My refrigerator was broken which prevented me from storing some leftovers that I wanted to eat another day, as well as keep juice or drinks cool - because this was discovered on sunday night and the maintenance people werent around, the man at the front desk let me use an empty room's refrigerator (this was nice), but the maintenance staff insisted it was fixed the next day (it wasn't) and I was told to vacate the empty room, I brought down a still-warm bottle to prove my fridge was still broken and they went up again - just frustrating that I had to waste time on this.
- I requested help at 8 a.m. Monday in making a pedicure appt for that day at 3 p.m. (I tried to make it on saturday for the monday but was told I had to wait until Monday before the hotel could call a salon and get someone to take the reservation). The guy at the front desk took my info and said he would call at 9 a.m. when the salon opened. At 9:30 a.m. I checked with him and he said he made the appt. A little later, I asked for directions on a map, and he showed me where to go. I left the hotel for the day to sightsee and got to the salon around 2:30, wanting to see if they could take me early. The woman did not have me listed and when I said the hotel had called that a.m., she said a man had just called begging her to give me an appt. but she told him it was booked. I was fuming. I will say that Maria the manager of the Penz was very nice and found me somewhere else and it was wonderful, but again, this level of hotel this should not have happened.

To finish this review on a positive note, while they need to iron out a few hiccups, it was a nice place to stay, with good products (the soap, has "soap" imprinted on it, so cute) and I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The best things about this hotel are the location and the bar, when you take those away you are left with a pretty basic motel. The rooms are clean, but small and lack any character. The place is quite noisy, both from the inside and outside. The wifi is so slow it would be quicker to go to the library and there are no facilities at all other than the very small lobby. The staff are helpful and friendly, but overall I find it very hard to get excited about this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Penz Hotel? Share your experiences!