Check-in and greeting were very warm, friendly and efficient. The front-desk makes you feel like a valued guest and that is always appreciated.
I was booked into a room with a spectacular view of the Nordkette mountainrange, very nice and one could spend hours looking out over the town towards the mountains. The room was spacious and well furnished. Excellent bed with good pillows are not automatic nowadays but this Hilton gets top marks from me on sleep quality!
The room and hallway carpeting has seen better days however and is full of stains. The bathroom, bath and shower are a bit aging and could do with a make-over.
One word on the internet connection: there's a nice card in the room explaining how to log in and inviting you to use your VPN to comfortably work. Not so! The connection is dropped every few minutes, dropping you out of your VPN and making it impossible to work. All the front desk was able to do was to provide an 0800 number of an external provider who of course couldn't work out the issue leaving me with a useless connection.
Come on, at €15 Hilton should be at least responsible for the service it sells, not palm it off on any outside company. You sell it, you own it.
In these days, having to pay for an internet connection in a top hotel is no longer acceptable anyway, more so if it doesn't work and no help is offered.
Check-out was fast and efficient.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Innsbruck Hotel Innsbruck
- Hilton Innsbruck Hotel
- Hilton International Innsbruck
- Innsbruck Hilton International
- Innsbruck Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Honoured with the certificate of excellence for the year 2011 Hilton Innsbruck is a central high-rise hotel surrounded by the majestic Tyrolean Alps. The contemporary hotel is located on a quiet street beside the picturesque Old City, close to the Triumphal Arch or the shopping street Maria-Theresien-Strasse. Hilton Innsbruck features the city’s largest conference facilities, catering for up to 300 people. The newly built restaurant (opening: December 2011) KONRADS Austrian steaks serves delicious seasonal dishes with ingredients from traditional local farms and prime beef from the Alps. Offering wonderful views of the mountains, Hilton Innsbruck is an ideal choice for any visit to Tyrol, whether for business reasons or to enjoy the numerous leisure possibilities nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Hilton Innsbruck reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.