“Top location and good services” 5 of 5 stars

Grand Hotel Europa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sudtiroler Platz 2, Innsbruck A-6020, Austria   |
Ranked #6 of 80 Hotels in Innsbruck
Richmond, Virginia
“Top location and good services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

A perfect place where spent a wonderful staying when in Innsbruck. First of all the location is so functional, being in front of the railways Station. So, you have just to cross the road and you got it! We had a very comfortable room, even if a bit small. We were a bit worried about the possible noise because of the trains, but we couldn´t be in a better quiet environment. The top is anyway the breakfast, where you enjoy all and everything: a surprising variety of great attractive fresh food, exactly what every traveller dreams when around.

Room Tip: May be better to ask for a backyard room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Grand Hotel E, Geschäftsführer at Grand Hotel Europa, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback and the time you took to share your impression on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Europa.

I am glad that you have appreciated the hotel location, the food at breakfast and the services provided by our team. I hope you had the chance to try also our Award-Winning Restaurant, the Europa Stüberl.

Thanking you once again for having taken the time to recommend us to others, my whole team and I look forward to welcome you back at the Grand Hotel Europa the next time your travel plans include Innsbruck.

Roman Ray Straub

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Geneva
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed here for 10 nights. We were touring the Tirol by train so the location is perfect opposite the station. This is however not the nicest part of town. The reception staff were very nice and helpful. The room (superior) was large, clean and up to Austrian high standards. However, the minibar was poor (and never restocked!) and the in-room coffee/tea a bit of a joke with poor quality items. This is not 5*. Surprisingly, the room cleaning staff simply walked in on us while were were in bed. Breakfast was also simply not 5*. Adequate, yes, completely unchanging throughout 10 days, often depleted by 9.30 in the morning, very slow to replace items. The staff were generally very nice and helpful, but also overwhelmed on the very busy mornings. 5* should (and does) mean fantastic quality and service. This is not this hotel, but then again it does not charge 5* prices. So, you get what you pay for and that also means a rock hard bed! Decent value for money but not 5*

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Hotel E, Geschäftsführer at Grand Hotel Europa, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you so much for choosing the Grand Hotel Europa and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was extremly concerned to read your disappointing stay with us and I am only too sorry that your expectations were not met. I can assure you that your stay was by no means representative of our usual high levels of service.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further, please contact me directly.

I do hope that we are able to restore your faith in the Grand Hotel Europa and that you will give us the opportunity to redeem ouerselves in the future.

Rustenburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed for three nights and I emediately felt at home The local ambiente combinded with modern Technology allows to relaxe, strole through te Citycenter. The exelent Staff is very helpful, the food is also very nice.Should you want to go on an excursion the responsible Staff is doing everything to satisfy your wishes. What I liked especially was that the General Manager Mr.Straub was not only behind the Scene, but also chatted to his Guests, which made you even more feeling at home. Many thanks to the Hotel and his Staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Grand Hotel E, Geschäftsführer at Grand Hotel Europa, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is with immense pleasure that I read your review and I thank you for taking the time to write it. I will share your kind words with all my exceptional staff. At the Grand Hotel Europa we all work extremly hard in orfer to make our Guests feel at home and offer them an unforgottable stay.

My whole team and I look forward to welcoming you back and offering you another exceptional experience.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Innsbruck is a great find in the middle of the mountains (and this is written by a Swiss person who owns a cabin in the Swiss mountains). We probably prefer the city in summer, as it feels less touristy and the old town offers amazing opportunities to eat and drink outside. The hotel is opposite the railway station, so great for travellers by train, but also has a deal with the railway station's parking garage, so you can park your car for a fee there. Rooms were average, but the breakfast is definitely worth having, not only for the food, but also for the setting and the service, we felt very comfortable during our stay and enjoyed the amenities. The hotel is definitely on the expensive side, which is why we deducted one star, but otherwise very pleasant

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Hotel E, Geschäftsführer at Grand Hotel Europa, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you have appreciated the hotel location and the service provided by our team.

Yous sincerely,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Grand Europa for two nights and from the time we walked in the door the staff made us most welcome and were extremely helpful and friendly. Our room was a good size and the bathroom had a shower as opposed to one over the bath which is most unusual in most hotels. Air conditioning and electronic controlled lights and drapes were good th have in the warm conditions.

The breakfast was very nice and the staff anxious to make sure that you had everything you wanted.

The hotel is directly across from the main railway station and as we were travelling by train it was most convenient. The location was not an issue as it was not very from from any of the local attractions, shopping and the old town.

Overall we enjoyed ourmstaymand would stay again on any future visits to Innsbruck.

Stayed August 2013
Grand Hotel E, Geschäftsführer at Grand Hotel Europa, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear your kind words and thank you for your lovely review. It makes me extremly proud to learn that you found the service excellent and that the staff was friendly, as these are my top priorities.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Conveniently located across from the train station (in fact, connected by an underground tunnel) this is a great hotel if you are arriving/departing by train. It is a modern business-like hotel (so not the place if you are looking for historic charm) that is perfect for a comfortable stay. And the front desk staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful; they helped make this a very enjoyable and productive stay, combining some work with a little sightseeing. Thanks again from the "guys from Georgia."

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Grand Hotel E, Geschäftsführer at Grand Hotel Europa, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you so much for your kind review.

I am glad that you loved the location and the services provided by our team.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Grand Hotel Europa on the next occasion your travel plans include Innsbruck.

Sincerely yours,

Roman Ray Stráub
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great quality hotel and rooms well appointed. If you are staying more than three days make sure you reuse your ticket and pay when leaving (staff forgot to tell us this and we got charged two single days instead of 3 days the $20). Good location and within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Hotel E, Geschäftsführer at Grand Hotel Europa, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your accomodation and the service provided. I would really appreciate if you could get in touch with me and help me understand what the issue has been with the garage. We want our services to be entierly satisfying for our Guests, and comments are greately appreciated when they can help us work toward excellence.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Grand Hotel Europa the next time your travel plans include Innsbruck.

Sincerely yours,

Roman Ray Straub

Been to Grand Hotel Europa? Share your experiences!