“Great hidden spot, classic food, beautiful atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Vicenza, Italy
“Great hidden spot, classic food, beautiful atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was wondering around the Christmas markets freezing and wanting to sit down and enjoy a typical local meal. I spied a sign and followed it back to the end of the walkway to Piano. When I took a step inside, I knew I couldn't leave - i was enchanted by the cozy look of the place, with the single candle sticks lit on the tables. I was promptly greeted in German, which I replied in English and she quickly changed languages and I was sat. I barely looked through the menu because I came for one thing - SCHNITZEL! I ordered it served with potatoes and salad. I also had a glass of Riesling, which was crisp and perfectly chilled. The salad was fresh and tasty - tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, red peppers with some vinegar dressing. You can hear them pounding out the schnitzel, which was a great portion size and cooked with a golden brown crust. The potatoes were interesting - sort of hashbrown looking, but were a perfect compliment. I believe my meal with water was €20 and worth every cent. Seek out this place! They do take credit cards.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

geelong
“Best steak in Austria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Stumbled on this restaurant on our first night in Innsbruk and just wanted somewhere to eat. What a refreshing change from the overcooked Wiener schnitzels, sausage with sauerkraut ( which we love but not every day), and dreadful Austro-Italian cuisine we have encountered. The beef filet was done rare, exactly how I asked with a beautiful peppercorn sauce and rosti. Luckily I ordered the "small" steak as I struggled to finish it. My wife had a smoked salmon with rosti which was beautiful but she lusted after my steak. ( we have a rule that we are never allowed to order the same dish) DO NOT ORDER AN ENTREE unless you're a better man than me. Could not even consider a dessert so I can't tell you what they are like.