We spent a couple of nights here at the end of our skiing holiday. It was our first stay in Salzburg. We wanted a hotel in the old city. The location is perfect. On the main shopping street, near the Festival Hall, a door or two along from Mozart's birthplace. Although generally expensive they offered a good rate for a double room.
The room was overlooking the street. Small seating area, adequate wardrobes etc, en suite, comfy beds. It was quiet as the street is really a pedestrians only place. Loved the little blue geese in the bathroom!
Breakfast was excellent. Buffet style with yoghurt, fresh fruit, muesli, large selection of breads, delicious fresh coffee, scrambled eggs, cold meats, salmon and more.
There are no doubt many superb restaurants in Salzburg but we chose to eat in the hotel restaurant on the first night. We enjoyed it so much that we went there the second night too! We also ate late the second night after a concert in the Festival Hall, just along the road. The restaurant was buzzing both nights. Tried their soufflé speciality the first night. Would have had it the second night but her Majesty suggested that we show restraint!
The staff throughout the hotel were also excellent. Always quietly helpful and efficient.
I have a feeling we will return to Salzburg and when we do this is where we would like to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blaue Gans, whose tradition dates back 660 years, is the oldest inn in the city of salzburg. It boasts a prime location opposite the festival hall and in the heart of the historic centre, which has been declared a world cultural heritage site, and is only a short walk from mozart's birthplace.We have carefully combined the historic walls of this inn, which is steeped in tradition, with a modern design and contemporary art.The result is a place that exudes a natural feel, a venue for people who like to pursue their own way. we are pleased to accompany you along a part of this way.artHOTEL: more than just a Designhotel, synonymous with the personal freedom for an individual lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Splendia, Orbitz, Escapio, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Art Hotel Blaue Gans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arthotel Blaue Gans Salzburg
- Arthotel Blaue Gans Hotel Salzburg