- the location of the blaue gans is perfect, right in the heart of the city center on the main pedestrian shopping street.
- the hotel's common spaces and guest rooms have a contemporary/minimalist decor. it's a very chic looking property.
- my guestroom was nice -- bathroom was recently updated, shower had terrific water pressure. wi-fi signal was strong, and the there was an in-room safe in the closet. i traveled alone and booked a 'regular' double. this room was perfectly comfortable for 1, but it was pretty small -- i would recommend booking one of their larger double rooms if you're traveling as a couple.
- the front desk staff were always very kind, friendly, and helpful.
- the property is kept very clean and neat.
my minor quibbles
- the air inside my room was extremely stuffy, even in late march/early april when it was freezing outside. there is an individual heating/air con unit in each room, but turning that on did little to circulate the air or help the situation. the single, small window in my room faced the hotel's inner courtyard. noise from the hotel's bar and restaurant went on late into the night, so leaving the window open all night wasn't an option. it made for an uncomfortable night's sleep.
- the service at breakfast was painfully slow. the food was totally delicious, but i'm not sure it was worth the long waits, having to get up and track down wait staff if i wanted to order a refill on my espresso, etc. one morning i waited 50 mins(!) for an order of scrambled eggs -- there were only 3 other tables taken in the restaurant so it's not like they were overwhelmed with customers. it's nice that the food was good, but frustrating having to wait so long for it.
- despite hanging the 'do not disturb' sign on my door handle, housekeeping entered my room twice one afternoon. this should not happen ever, let alone 2 times in the same day.
but overall i would recommend the blaue gans -- the location and the value make up for the small inconveniences mentioned in my review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blaue Gans, whose tradition dates back 660 years, is the oldest inn in the city of salzburg. It boasts a prime location opposite the festival hall and in the heart of the historic centre, which has been declared a world cultural heritage site, and is only a short walk from mozart's birthplace.We have carefully combined the historic walls of this inn, which is steeped in tradition, with a modern design and contemporary art.The result is a place that exudes a natural feel, a venue for people who like to pursue their own way. we are pleased to accompany you along a part of this way.artHOTEL: more than just a Designhotel, synonymous with the personal freedom for an individual lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Splendia, Escapio, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Art Hotel Blaue Gans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arthotel Blaue Gans Salzburg
- Arthotel Blaue Gans Hotel Salzburg