The location is great but somehow this hotel was not all that I had expected. We had booked a large room and it was pretty much as shown on the website. However we were shocked to find one wall had been drawn on! I asked reception if we could be moved and was told it was "artwork" by a famous artist drawn on the wall after a few cocktails! Well art is of course always in the eye of the beholder, but we thought it looked ugly and it really spoiled the room for us. Others may love it.
The room was comfortable, the bathroom bright and spacious, but more storage space would have been useful and in general it just felt tired and dated.
Breakfast was very good with a large selection of cold dishes and hot foods cooked to order.
This is a good hotel, but I didn't feel we got value for money here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blaue Gans, whose tradition dates back 660 years, is the oldest inn in the city of salzburg. It boasts a prime location opposite the festival hall and in the heart of the historic centre, which has been declared a world cultural heritage site, and is only a short walk from mozart's birthplace.We have carefully combined the historic walls of this inn, which is steeped in tradition, with a modern design and contemporary art.The result is a place that exudes a natural feel, a venue for people who like to pursue their own way. we are pleased to accompany you along a part of this way.artHOTEL: more than just a Designhotel, synonymous with the personal freedom for an individual lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Art Hotel Blaue Gans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arthotel Blaue Gans Salzburg
- Arthotel Blaue Gans Hotel Salzburg