“Lovely atmosphere and excellent austrian cuisine ( new 2013 management )” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Schloss Aigen

Ranked #48 of 491 Restaurants in Salzburg
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Geneva, Switzerland
“Lovely atmosphere and excellent austrian cuisine ( new 2013 management )”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Charming quiet mini corner in the country a few miles away from the center of Salzburg , across from Aigen castle.
Lovely atmophere to start with. The terrace is large and gemütlich with lots of trees ; the interior is particularly cosy in the evening.
Schloss Aigen is especially knowm for its "Tafelspitz "( boiled beef ) served in 2 services. But everything is good, vegetables of prime freshness, excellent dessert.
The wine list is perfect anfd rightly priced.
Service nice although need to be more attentive to the clients needs !
Do go, you will love it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Stuart, Florida
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

One of the best places to have a great meal with a fantastic atmosphere. I grew up in Salzburg and every time I come back for a visit I have dinner here.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely restaurant with friendly eficient service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Went with friends after reading good reviews. Have to agree - this place is really good. Friendly welcome, advice offered re wines and food ensured we had a really good meal.

The beef tartare as a starter is one of the best I have had and whilst the Austrian speciality of boiling beef is not normally to my taste I thought I would give it another try - and it was good - I had the selection of meat (including tongue).

Overall a really pleasant evening and I would certainly return next time I am in the area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Paris
“Charming place and excellent cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This place, outside of Salzburg is perfect to spend a romantic time, or a nice evening with friends, on the terrace when the weather allows it. The cooking, austrian style, and elegant is perfect, choice of wines, austrian as well as international is large. You'll spend a very nice time at Schloss Aigen

Visited May 2013
Ireland
“Just a great experience from start to finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We three ate at this restaurant just a few days ago on a recommendation from our hotel, the Hotel Auersperg, on a trip to Salzburg. It was a great experience from start to finish. The hotel is outside the city but worth the trip, and seemed to be full of locals and returning diners. The retired gent beside us, a consultant, who enaged us in conversation at the end of the night had been there as a student, and continued to return throughout his life. We were greeted by the owner on arrival which is a nice touch and representative of the warmth of the Salzburg inhabitants, and shown to our table. The menu offered a good choice including some fish dishes, but meat and in particular beef is clearly the speciality. Our waiter was friendly and very helpful. The restaurant room is traditionally arranged in a very tasteful way. Our starters of asparagus, tortelloni and fois gras were savoured, and the tastes were superb. The waiter suggested the wine from an extensive list, and we were not disappointed. It was fantastic. The mains were perch for my wife, lamb for my mother and I chose the house speciality of beef together with rosti, soup, gravy, garlic cream and apple sauce. Dear God, I died and went to heaven. The beef was not oven cooked but broiled and it was melt in the mouth wonderful goodness. Seconds appeared without asking, and while it was a struggle (not really) I demolished them. I also alone managed to eat desert, again another local/house speciality. As we left, the other diners said goodbye, and the owner came to waive us off. We left having thoroughly enjoyed the experience and wanting to return. Eat here, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013