“Great place, great food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 553 Restaurants in Salzburg
Cuisines: German, Austrian, Central European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: The Bärenwirt, located in the historic district Mülln, is one of the oldest inns in Salzburg. Hospitality plays an important role since 1663 and the traditional inn is run with a lot of personal commitment. At the Bärenwirt you enjoy traditional Austrian specialities and beer of the Augustiner Bräu, the oldest brewery of Salzburg. We recommend our fried chicken, which is known as the best one of Austria. The sunny terrace with view onto the river Salzach and the Kapuzinerberg, one of the two hills in the center of Salzburg, and the cozy guest rooms invite you to spend a relaxing and pleasurably time at the Bärenwirt. If you are planning a festivity with your family and friends the Bärenwirt provides the right offer. The package is called “Feiere dein Fest” and includes roast pork with dumpling and „sauerkraut“ and beer, which is drawn by yourself.
Yorkshire
“Great place, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Went here purely on Trip advisor reports and was not disappointed. We booked the table and even though it was a cold Monday evening it was very busy. The building is olde world with traditional decoration.
The staff guided to our cosy table and Pork was one choice whilst I went for the Wild Boar Sausage. The taste was wonderful with strong meat and unusual herbs. The roast potatoes all washed down with a mug of ale meant a delightful meal was had at a very reasonable price. I would recommend and definitely go again myself.

• Visited November 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Best Salzburg Cafe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

In my 3 day stay i visited Barenwirt twice! Aside from the nice outdoor area, the great beer, the vienna schnitzel, goulash soup, apple strudel and frittatensuppe were all fantastic! I was travelling alone for this time, and the friendly staff made me feel right at home. Will definitely come back to Salzburg, and i'll be vising Barenwirt!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank NickEverett90
Milan, Italy
“The best kitchen in Austria!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I spent 3 days in Salzburg with my husband on honeymoon and the first evening we decided to follow TA reviews and I'm sooo glad we did! It's the place where we had the best dinner in the whole Country!
I had gulaschsuppe and my husband adored the wild boar sausages they offer...they were so tasty and yummy, it's been a delighting experience.
If we will return to Austria, we will come back for sure!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank GeorgieTy
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here one night during our trip to Salzburg. Great food and great atmosphere. Our server was a very nice lady I can't recall her name but she made us feel very welcome. If you are looking for a peaceful spot with amazing food for dinner this is it.

Sydney, Australia
“Delicious Austrian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The first time we tried to eat here we arrived just before 9pm and found the kitchen to be closed. On the second attempt the next day we managed to get a table inside, as the outside tables were full. I was very pleased with the schnitzel and apple strudel dessert, and the service was quite quick.

• Visited November 2012