“Simple Still Superb !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 134 Hotels in Salzburg
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Simple Still Superb !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

Quaint guest house with an amazing atmosphere and aura, this little gem is the right location to explore Salzburg. The management is very friendly and ensured a perfect holiday for us. The room was cosy and comfortable, even though the wash room was little small.

They have got a very good restaurant offers delicious food. We sincerely thank Keuschnigg family for warmth and hospitality extended.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Greek first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

We stayed in a family-size room with a balcony and a comfortable fold-out bed for our two kids. The hotel is about 15 minutes by bus from central Salzburg in a quiet country setting. Our only complaint was that when we opened our windows to get some cool air at night we were molested by the many mosquitoes from the nearby fields.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

We had just spent 10 days in Slovenia at a Metal Festival and wanted a nice hotel to totally relax.... this was the hotel.. On available we were shown to our room with a balcony over looking the Mts... Just adorable.

We ate 2x at the hotel in the evening - the food was delish but wish there was more selection on differing days.

We purchased Salzburg cards from the desk - great value.

We also did the Bobs tour for The Sound of Music - only 4 of us on the tour and all from the same hotel - you pay the Bobs driver if you prebook in cash -- or pay part to the hotel and rest to the driver if you book at the hotel.
Great tour and well worth the cost - would recommend this tour as it covers both SofM and Mozart..

Breakfast is excellent - lots of it and they do cook to order your eggs if you want them.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

We spent a couple of nights at the Bloberger Hof in August and really enjoyed our stay. We had a spacious and clean apartment with 2 rooms and a kitchenette and felt right at home. We left the windows open and invited some mosquitoes to join us but they didnt really bother us at night (the mosquito repellants in the room were effective).

The breakfast is great and we were able to have our kids eat in the room which was fantastic for all the other guests. The front desk was also very helpful and courteous and we were able to get our Salzburg card there which was great.

We had a car and I think that made a difference because even though the bus to the old town is not infrequent (every half hour or so), the travel time to the old town is still 20-30 away, Also the car is convenient because this place has good parking and is not far from either Helbrunn or Grodig.

Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Piedmont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

I have to add my commendation to the chorus of happy reviews. I told my husband that if I had written a list of everything I wanted out of a trip to Salzburg - a wish list for a perfect, idealized stay - I still wouldn't have imagined such a wonderful stay. On paper it seems that the ride to town by bus is inconvenient but in reality it is a lovely, easy ride and it's nice to be situated in such a relaxing area outside the city. Our room was immaculate and very quiet. We especially appreciated the tranquillity after being kept awake half the night in a Munich hotel by a guest snoring loudly in the room next door. But back to this place, the food is fantastic. Other reviewers recommend the restaurant but I thought it would be good just in the sense that it was good and convenient and a nice experience. Instead we were thrilled that it was a culinary experience on a par with a big-name chef/destination restaurant. The dinner was that good! Highly recommend this place, especially given the price! And I also loved my cheese omelette each morning. And the free internet was a great bonus. I would love to return one day.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
North Caldwell, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

I picked this hotel based upon the stellar reviews and I am not sorry I did. The room was much bigger than expected (had a kitchenette!) and had a separate toilet (great for young children), but the best part was the meals. Outstanding breakfast (cooked to order eggs!) and dinner was fabulous. We stayed three nights and had dinner there the first two. Something for everyone, although the menu didn't change when we were there and dining there three straight nights might have been a stretch.

Free parking is a plus and we drove downtown because there were five of us (three adults, two children) so I can't comment on the bus, but did see the stop, maybe 150 meters away. Parking all day in the Allstadt garage is 14 Euros, so economical from our standpoint and it took no longer than 10 minutes. I'd also watch my step walking around the hotel. It appeared the horses pulling the horse-drawn carriages in the Old Town are stabled quite close to the hotel, and they're not quite so diligent cleaning up after them as they are downtown.

My one criticism is the lack of screens on the windows and the dearth of information on how to deal with the mosquitoes in the rooms. When we arrived, the windows in our rooms were open and I didn't think anything of it until we returned from dinner, only to find a ton of mosquitoes in the rooms. There were these green, air-freshener-type things that you could plug into an outlet on the tables, but no instructions on what they were or what to do with them (ignorant American?), so I didn't do anything. Boy, was that a mistake!!! I woke up in the middle of the night, swatting like crazy. I closed the windows but the damage had been done. My son had 27 mosquito bites! I felt awful. It wasn't 'til the next day that we figured out what to do with those green things, but how I wish some mention of them had been made in the Hotel Information in the room. But our bad luck is your gain and shouldn't deter you from visiting this gem. Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

This was our first stop on our first trip to Europe, and we loved it. We received a very warm welcome, some good advice on things to do and see, and a very hearty breakfast in the morning. Our room was well-furnished and very clean. We had a great view of the mountains. There's a bus stop just across the street, so we used all-day bus passes to get everywhere we wanted to go around Salzburg. It's only a 20-minute drive to Berchtesgaden and Eagles Nest. Our only complaint was the sloping roof in our top-floor room. I hit my head a few times getting into bed and the shower.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel-Pension Bloberger Hof? Share your experiences!