“Perfect budget hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pension Jahn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Salzburg
Pension Jahn
Elisabethstrasse 31, Salzburg 5020, Austria   |
Ranked #39 of 135 hotels in Salzburg
“Perfect budget hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Had been to the hotel after reading the reviews!! Well I have given 4/5 stars only for the fact that it is not as good as I expected but it met all my needs :)..... A 100m walk to the bus n train station....very very friendly staff....lovely people....many restaurants close by...you hv McD too... There are many hotels with big names but this is a compact hotel....

If you are spending just the night to stay at the hotel without looking for any real (spa,sauna,massage etc ;) ) services then this the right hotel. I observed that there was no lift, no refrigerator or a mini bar....but these are not mandatory for everyone....

But as I told you this a true "VALUE FOR MONEY" hotel....

Cheers

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife, adult daughter, and I stayed at this hotel for several days in June 2013. Room and bathroom was clean. Room was large. The people who run the hotel, the Mr. & Mrs. Lai, were really great. We had a problem with getting some of our cloths washed and they worked with us to solve our problem. They did not have to help us, but they did. Breakfast was good, with Mr. Lai serving each of us the hot drinks. Location is very good, 1 block from the train station (walk straight out of the station) on a quiet street. We walked about 20 min down the road the hotel is on, to get to "old town". The hotel is multi-floored, with all the rooms on 2nd and above. The hotel does not have an elevator. Our room was on the 2nd floor. I would absolutely stay with the Lai's again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here due to price and location. I felt the reviews I read described what I found. The rooms were clean, the en-suite bathroom was wonderful and stocked with towels, shampoo, and soap. That was nice. I recently read breakfast wasn't that good and I found different. The included breakfast was traditional German breakfast. The rolls were tasty, but the dark hearty bread was excellent. Enjoyed the hard boil eggs, muesli, meats, cheese, yogurt, pears, OJ, milk, water and hot chocolate. It was a great start to our day. Staff was helpful. Our room faced the street and it was noisy until 11am, but that didn't bother me. Nice side note. It was hot when we were there and they provided two fans for the room that helped a lot!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Service was pleasant and the room had everything I needed for just the one night but I would be happy to stay for longer. Location was convenient as I needed an easy trip between the bus station and the airport - town was accessible on foot. I liked the fact that a continental breakfast was included in the price! Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We chose this pension because it was close to the bus and train stations (1 minute walk but not the best area) and because it was priced quite cheaply for bed and breakfast. We were pleased with the location (10-15 min walk to the old town), the size of the room, the cleanliness of the place and the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. However we found the rest of our stay could be summed up in one word-basic. The decor and furniture reminded us of a youth hostel, the pillows were inadequate, there was no tv (this was not a massive issue for us-why do you need a tv when you are in beautiful Salzburg? but it would be a problem for some so thought I would mention it), no hair dryer (ask at reception they do have some but this is not made clear) and the breakfast was really very poor-bad quality meat, cheese and coffee (undrinkable) but the bread and spreads were ok-we only ate it once. Overall I think we would look to stay elsewhere if we were to return but not terrible for the money.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Guadalajara, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

First, understand what we were doing. My wife and I decided to do what my friends did 30 years ago, take a small backpack and a Eurail pass to travel around part of Europe in a simple fashion. We looked for decent, basic hotels within walking distance (or an easy bus or tram ride) from the train station and/or from the main attractions. We usually spent one night in each place and moved on. We did not spend much time in the hotels, so we required only a decent place to sleep, bathe, and wash out some clothes in the sink. If breakfast was included, all the better.

Given our parameters, Pension Jahn was fine for sleeping at night, not a place for spending time in itself. The Chinese owners (wife from China and husband from Taiwan) were friendly and helpful. Mrs. Lin speaks English well. It is close to the train station but a decent walk to the main attractions, so it is good to buy the Salzburg Pass (at the hotel) and figure out how to use the buses right away. The breakfast was basic but sufficient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed 5 nights in early feb 2013. my room was spotlessly clean. No traffic noise (back of house). Substantial breakfast. Obliging and friendly family running the Pension. Free Wi-Fi. I would stay again. My only warning- there is no lift, so if you find stairs difficult, make sure you ask for a low-down floor. For the price you will not beat this place.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Pension Jahn? Share your experiences!