this is 'one of europes most famous/best hostels' apparently but there are several reasons why it shouldnt be:
1) if you are male and have a room on the top floor then you have to go down two flights of stairs to have a shower.
2) you arent allowed to bring food into the hostel during 'mealtimes' as they sell meals at the hostel, which are quite cheap but you could eat cheaper out of a supermarket.
3) during the making up of one of our meals the guy handled raw meat then made my sandwich. i didnt notice but after id eaten it my friend chose to tell me and i was paranoid for the rest of the day. incase you're interested, i didnt get ill.
4) one member of staff, with two of his friends, blocked off the common room door with a table, preventing anyone else from entering, so they could watch tv alone.
5) you have to pay 1 euro every time you want to open your locker - it adds up after a while.
6) up to about a week before we arrived you had to pay to have a shower. this obviously isnt an issue anymore but the fact that it once was is pretty scandalous.
this may seem like im nit-picking but id say we stayed at 5 better hostels than this which apparently arent 'the best in europe'.
nonetheless, the rooms were clean and quite spacious and the breakfast options were extremely reasonable. pretty good location - about 10 minutes from both train station and centre of town.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Yoho International Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yoho International Youth Hotel Salzburg