“Good hostel, no complaints” 4 of 5 stars

You added Yoho International Youth Hostel to your Saves list
Yoho International Youth Hostel
Paracelsusstrasse 9, Salzburg 5020, Austria   |
Calgary, Canada
“Good hostel, no complaints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We (2 of us) stayed at YoHo for one night in a 4 person dorm room. The hostel was easy to find, just a few blocks from the Hauptbanhof and a nice walk to the main Salzburg area.

Our room was clean, had good lockers for our belongings, and had a sink in the room. We were woken up by the creaky bunk beds in the morning, but it wasn't really that big of an issue. Washrooms were clean also.

I would recommend this place for anyone stopping through Salzburg. (Staying at least one night is a must! Salzburg is very pretty at night...and when all the day tourists leave.)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hostel felt more like a hotel. There is a key card for your door and your locker making it the most secure I have been in. Also the rooms and bathroom are kept ridiculously clean. There is a reason why this hostel is on the "Europe's Famous Hostels" list. For more information on travelling Europe and as well Australia, please visit my blog at breakyourcage.com. Cheers!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed in this youth hostel for 2 nights in September. Generally I was impressed with the hostel and it had a friendly atmosphere. The beds were comfortable and had proper duvets, and you are provided with clean bedding.
I was impressed with the automatic locking system on the doors and lockers, I had not come across this anywhere else.
I was impressed with the bar and the daily happy hours. A good place to meet to new people. (Although some bar staff charged different prices especially during happy hour)
There are lots of leaflets about Salzburg available at the youth hostel which I found very useful as the TIC is not very close.
The hostel was clean, had laundry facilities, a kitchen, plenty of showers and toilets.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I LOVED this place...at least compared to others i have stayed at. I dont know how people didnt like it. They give you your own sheets at the front which i like so i know im not sleeping on someone elses nasty sweat and the comforter is SUPER comfortable. The locks are electronic with your key and big enough to put your bag in and ensure no one is going to steal your items.
They have a bar and a place you can order some food which i really enjoyed. Its not top quality restaurant food but pub food and the sound of music obviously plays there every night. we watched it twice. The bathroom is a bit of a downfall mainly becuase it is shared but it worked. Had our own mirror and shower with minimal wait time and our owl FEMALE bathroom which is nice to have and not sharing with boys.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I have been travelling since July with my boyfriend and have been staying in hostels the whole time.
We always book into MIXED bed dorms and its always MIXED.
We booked into a 6 bed mixed dorm at Yoho and it was myself and 5 males. I did NOT choose to stay in an all male dorm... Having 1 female and 5 males is far from MIXED. I felt incredibly uncomfortable all night and am thankful it was only for 1 night as if it was longer I would have checked out!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights, we spend 2 nights in a 4 bed dorm and 1 night in a 6 bed dorm. We were not happy with our stay at all.
- Firstly we were greeted with very poor customer service by reception on nearly every occasion we needed something and staff weren't overly friendly.
- The bar staff rude, lazy and they are too busy on their phone for you, the work ethic of staff is terrible I wonder how management would think about their money spend for employees to be on Facebook.
- Our 4 bed dorm was ok not too displeased, although we are fairly sure we got bitten by bed bugs both of us were incredibly itchy and woke up with little bites over our legs.
- The 6 bedded dorm wasn't as great very cramped and we had a huge problem with 1 female to 5 guys in a "mixed dorm" that is not ok. My partner was greeted by 4 unknown males the reason you book into mixed is so that you get a mix, not 5 guys, 1 girl. Speaking to other people in the hostel they had the same issue booking into all girl dorms and being put in mixed dorms so I hardly think this hostel could careless.
- The food is one of the only positives breakfast is good for 3.50E and the dinner is cheap and easy for a decent price, although there is nowhere to eat it unless you want to watch the sound of music every night
- The common areas are actually quite comfy and wifi access is ok.

- Overall I wouldn't recommend this hostel

Stayed September 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Not cool is the kitchen without a stove in the cave like basement. Instead they are pushing their restaurant cafe making money off the hostel guests upstairs.

Just like in college, all the Asians are in the computer lounge on WIFI studying their guide books. Then the White guests are in the bar being rowdy in comparison. The fluffy duvets are so typical Austrian while sleeping with the windows opened and church bells ringing.

Location is like two blocks from Mirabelle Schloss which is across the river from Old Town. Do the hill walk up on Monchsberg starting from the Augustiner Brewery. The trail goes to the Modern Art Museum and ends at Festung Hohen castle.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the third floor, the showers are huge. The dressing area is 3x4 square feet of...