“perfect for airport transfers.” 4 of 5 stars

Airporthotel Salzburg
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dr.-M.-Laireiter-Str. 9, Salzburg 5020, Austria   |
Ranked #121 of 134 Hotels in Salzburg
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“perfect for airport transfers.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

Its at the airport only , but I had to pay a bit more as no other hotels were available. This is a nice hotel with good rooms. The wifi did had some issue in my room and was available in the corridor close to the router, so i spent around an hour sitting in the corridor at night. They do have a good breakfast no doubt. the reception guys are helpful. Hotel is 15 mis from city by bus, yes its a bit far but well connected and hotel provides all info.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel because of its location, walking distance tothe airport. Easy 5 minute walk. There are airport luggage carts at the hotel available for guests to use, which was helpful and accommodating since we had lots of luggage.
The young male who checked us in was welcoming and pleasant. The hotel doesn't serve lunch or dinner so we decided to take a taxi into the city for a nice dinner. Arriving back at the hotel, we realized that one of our party had lost their room key. Not being frequent international travelers, we had forgotten that it is customary in most places to leave your room key at the desk as you come and go. We spoke with the evening desk attendant about losing the key in the taxi. She was very helpful and we were very apologetic. She called the taxi companies for us to see if it could be found but later she advised us it had not been found or returned. She advised that they would have to charge us a fee to have lock changed. We understood.

It is rather common for hotels here not to have air conditioning. We were very hot and it was difficult to get a good nights sleep. The beds were comfortable. There are no flights taking off or landing in the evening.
The hotel and rooms are very clean. The rooms are small but adequate for an overnight stay. Morning buffet breakfast is included in your room rate and was lovely except for the staff. The hostess/server, an older/elderly lady was annoyed with us from the second we arrived for breakfast. Irritated that I used the wrong cup, irritated when I asked for coffee, irritated when I asked for fried eggs which a sign directs you to do. But what really pushed her over the top was when I asked if they could be cooked over medium. She sent the cook out. This bald middle aged man clearly was annoyed and yes irritated when he appeared. When I asked if he would prepare the eggs "over medium", he said abruptly "fried eggs only fried one way" and turned quickly and walked off.
After delivering my eggs, they both left the breakfast area and never came back to check on us. We would have liked more coffee but instead we decided we would get it at the airport.
Now we head to desk to check out. Guess who. Elderly hostess lady from breakfast. She asks for our keys. I told her I laid mine down on the desk earlier on the way to breakfast and she insisted to know where is the key to the other room. We had assumed that the lady from the night before communicated the unfortunate misplacing of the room key. I think she did and they knew it and that is why they were so incredibly rude to us the entire morning. She called for someone and guess who, yes the cook. He was extremely upset about the lost of the key. I asked him to calm down as the two of them were loudly speaking to each other and at us in German. I maintained calm and did not let them upset me. They said the key was part of a system. I asked how, since it is just a key and couldn't a copy be made? He continued to get more angry and said he will send us the bill but to expect minimum E500. That's like $750usd. We paid our room bill and left.
I was sad that this was our last experience of Salzburg.

• Stayed July 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I booked this hotel for two days, but due to a flight delay was unable to check in on time. I contacted the hotel to reschedule, but the person answering the phone at the front desk was rude and not interested in changing my booking.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Frankfurt, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

like most users have already said: this is a ridiculously overpriced and rude hotel with no charm whatsoever. we got stuck in salzburg because of weather, a double room cost us 170 eur. the place was empty. we were the only guests. dealing with a grumpy hotel manager, who made you feel anything but not welcome was just the icing.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel due to a flight interruption and needed somewhere close to Salzburg airport, the location for the airport is good.
However, we have never been treated more rudely by hotel staff anywhere. We could not connect to their advertised free wifi and our enquiries we're meet with distain and scoffing. First an older lady a reception laughed at us, latter the old man manager pulled faces and told us we were lying that we could not connect he then walked of tut tutting. We asked for a new pass code as the older lady had taken our pass code, he was visibly angered. I wondered if we were staying in Fawlty Towers or on Candid Camera.
The new code did not work and we noted that the transmitter near our room appeared to be off, my husband went back to reception and was told we should just come downstairs to use wifi. Unbelievable attitude.

Stay elsewhere, other businesses deserve custom.

• Stayed February 2014
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Hotel is next to farmland which meant it attracted a lot of bugs. no air con so either had bugs or roasted. went for the bugs and got eaten alive by mosquitos. Rooms were drab, towels not much more than tea towels, pool closed when we wanted to use it, mini bar empty. not worthy of 4 stars. only positive is can easily walk to airport but suggest stay somewhere else and get a cab.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

do NOT book here unless you HAVE to.

The hotel room is HORRIBLE with no AC. During the summer, you have to crack open the windows because it is just too hot. The hotel is situated near a nasty farm land or something and tons of bugs just come into the room if you leave your window open. I also found hairs of others on my bed sheet AND in the bathroom...pretty gross.

The worst part of this hotel was the service and attitude of the employees. Especially some disrespectful dude at the front counter. He acted like a 5 year old who needed some attitude counseling...tried to cut up my credit card (which is made out of metal) because i did not have a signature on it. I wrote to just check ID and provided him my drivers license as proof that is was my credit card. He then proceeded to scream and go BERSERK saying its Austrian Law...i faked like i signed my card, and then he proceeded to process my payment. The whole time he was really really upset for some odd reason...still trying to figure out why...

Please avoid this hotel if you are looking for something decent. it's just not worth it. I took a risk after reading some negative reviews, but do not make the same mistake i did.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Airporthotel Salzburg? Share your experiences!