My husband just left the hotel this morning. The grounds are beautiful! The palace is a beautiful building. We had the opportunity to stay in a suite in the main house. I was expecting more given the location. The room was clean and had plenty of space. There was a bowl of fruit on the table waiting for us when we arrived. I think that they miss the opportunity to make the experience really shine. The furnishings were bland. The overhead lights in the room and hallway were too modern for the atmosphere. It would have made more of a statement with some period wall sconces in the halls and something more accurate to the time period than the white ball from a stick hanging from the ceiling in the room. While we enjoyed the hotel, I think with more attention to detail in the decorating that this could be a really special place to stay.
- Also Known As:
- Schloss Leopoldskron Hotel
- Schloss Leopoldskron Hotel Salzburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 55 rooms, 12 suites, and three townhouses, the historic palace of Schloss Leopoldskron, birthplace of the Salzburg Festival and a location for the filming of “The Sound of Music”, is an exclusive and discreet hideaway just minutes from the center of Salzburg. Built in 1736, and surrounded by 17 acres of manicured grounds, the palace is nestled by a small, idyllic lake, and features majestic views over the mountains and the Hohensalzburg Fortress. The hotel features a small café, fitness center, and over 1000m2 of spectacular function space, which is also used for international strategic convening conducted by the Salzburg Global Seminar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Hotel Schloss Leopoldskron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.