We have been to Salzburg several times. This B&B is located in a beautiful countryside setting and is very clean with spacious rooms that come with a private bathroom, couch, and tv. The breakfast is plentiful, and the owner usually makes a tasty cake throughout the week. That said, there are a few other things worth noting. 1) The owners are friendly and helpful, but are not overly energetic about accommodating every whim of the occupants. The wife is the lead in running the B&B and the husband stays in the background. However, we did observe the wife lining up one of the occupants, who was sick, with a doctor and offering to take him to his appointment. 2) It is desirable to have a car to get around (restaurants, sights, etc.). The house is about a 10 minute walk to the main road where you can catch the bus into town. Restaurants are further afield. 3) They have a slow computer (May, 2012), and need to get a router for the convenience of the tourist.
Overall, our stay was enjoyable.
- Also Known As:
- Haus Reichl Reiterweg Hotel Salzburg
- Haus Reichl Reiterweg Bed And Breakfast
- Haus Reichl Reiterweg Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our family-run guest house lies in the countryside - beautiful views of the Untersberg, far away from traffic noise, yet only 3 km from the center of Salzburg, the historic home of Mozart. Awaiting you here with us are rooms furnished with all the comforts, including shower/WC, hair drier, TV, radio, fridge and balcony. We also boast a cozy country pub. ... more less