“Too expensive for what it offers” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
SAVE UP TO 15%
Ranked #59 of 135 Hotels in Salzburg
vienna
“Too expensive for what it offers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

The hotel's advantage is definitely its vicinity to the station, 5 to 10 minutes and you are there. Apart from that its offer is average to below average. Upon our arrival we were offered a room for EUR 130, even though their online price stated EUR 87. After several minutes we were eventually offered the same price however were suddenly moved to their sister hotel Stieglbräu next door. This hotel is also a 4-star rated Best Western however looks kinda dated and more like a 2-star. Instead of the enquiried double room we only got a very narrow twin room which was overall clean (the shower curtain was rather stained though) but only offered the most basic commodities. Breakfast was optionally and charged at EUR 20 a person, an offer which we passed on.

Overall (especially for the station related location) probably okay for one night, but for what it offers by far overpriced.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

My family stayed at this hotel twice in one week. We stayed in one of their family rooms which was perfect. Our small children get a room and my wife and I get another room and there are doors that separate each room and an external door that separates both rooms. A very secure setup that allows families to have some space. The rooms were clean and heating was good.

The hotel staff has been very nice. They let us keep a couple of suitcases in their luggage hold for a week and were really helpful in getting us checked out and calling us a taxi.

The location is also great. You can walk to the old town in 10-15 minutes. The bus stop is right outside the hotel and the train station is around the corner.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

We visited on November 2010.
Imlauer has "excelent" location -walking distance - in between the "Bahnhof"( train station) and the Mirableplatz (at Mirabel Castle). Also walking or few minutes, on public transport, to Salzburg downtown ( a UNESCO Heritage Quarter).
Hotel services include: "friendly" staff, good austrian style breakfast - included -, rooms was simple and very clean, good heating, great pillows, credit cards Ok, even pets Ok. On the downside: elevators were a little bit confusing on way out ( or was me?).... And you get all this for only US $120 to 200 range.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
L.A.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We recently stayed for 2 nights at this Best Western Hotel. I am a Best Western Platinum Rewards member and picked this location due to close proximaty to the train station. The hotel was comfortable and had no complaints about accomodations. We were due to leave by train at 1:30P.M. on October 5th and I requested to the front desk clerk to give us a 90 minute check out extension past their 11:00 check out time which I felt was very reasonable to give their housekeeping staff 2.5 hours to make up the room for a 3:00 check-in. This young lady refused my request because she said the hotel was fully booked. I made mention that I was a BW Platinum Rewards member and I believed I was entitled to a check out extension when requested. I pulled a brochure from the hotel's desk which even states the very same, stating that an extension is done on member's request, ( not availability). My wife and I went to the room, packed the bags and went to the desk to check out and store the luggage. The clerk seemed very rushed to get us out but I told her that I wished to review my bill as there was an 85 Euro charge for laundry service ( 10 pieces). I confirmed the bill, and the clerk handed me a key to the small luggage storage room so I could store my 5 bags. She next helped another couple to check out .I opened the door and secured it open so I could roll in my bags when the clerk proceeded to barge in front of us and help the other couple store their bags first. This room is very small, barely large enough for 2 people, not 5 people to be attempting to store luggage. I was a little miffed at this show of no courtesy in allowing the first couple ( us) to store their bags especially when no help was offered by the clerk. I waited outside the room and allowed the clerk and other couple to store those bags. I re-entered the room and again the clerk rushed me and I requested that she tag my bags just as she had did for the other couple. At that point she demanded that we hurry and leave the storage room so this other woman could change her clothes inside the room. My wife and I felt this was a huge sign of disrespect, especially for a BW Rewards member of the highest standing. In closing I would say that the property is a nice one but there are many hotels across the street and next door including a Crown Plaza Hotel. We will not be staying at this property ever again, and I would respectfully warn Trip advisor clients to be aware that Best Western is printing brochures that appear to be misleading in stating that checkout extensions are available when requested. I waited 9 days for a response from customer service and had to call and discuss the matter.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. Location is very good and walking distance to the railway station. The bus stop is just outside the hotel and many buses can go to the railway station and other sightseeing .The room are big and clean and the breakfast are good. The food of the hotel's garden restaurant are delicious, good services and reasonable price. I am highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Milton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

This hotel has a great location. It is basically in between the main train station and Maribell Gardens. Both are a short walk from the hotel. There is also a bank with an ATM along the route to Mirabell Gardens.

The staff was also very helpful and answered all of our questions and gave good suggestions for "things to do". The restaurant has an awesome breakfast buffet and the dinner menu is good too.

The room is clean and the beds were comfy. All in all we had a great stay here and will definitely book with them again on our next trip to Salzburg!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I was quite comfortable at this hotel, and the buffet breakfast was great. Convenenient location. The staff were very accommodating and helpful, and I really appreciated that. The public computer in the lobby was convenient also. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Best Western Hotel Imlauer Altstadt? Share your experiences!