The rooms are big and clean. That includes big bathrooms. They didn't have any rooms with two beds, so ended up with a single queen bed. Free wi-fi was available only near the lobby, but I didn't try it out. Free parking for the car. No elevator, so be prepared to haul your luggage up some stairs. Breakfast was available for €5, but it didn't look like that much, so I didn't try it.
The people running it spoke limited English. They were out of Salzburg passes (covers public transportation and some major sites) and didn't seem to understand our question about if there would be another hotel nearby that might have one to sell. The bus was a good 10 minute walk away and a bit challenging to find. Then another 15 minutes into town.
One reviewer mentioned the toilet being a bit different, which I also noticed. Wasn't the most unusual one I saw on the trip, though.
Decent place to stay, but would probably look around for somewhere else if I returned to Salzburg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family-run, inexpensive bed and breakfast with cosy non-smoking rooms with big balonys and a big garden, terrace, outdoor swimming pool and free parking, ideally situated on the outskirts of Salzburg ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Pension B & B Helmhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pension b & b Helmhof Hotel Salzburg
- Pension Bed And Breakfast Helmhof
- Helmhof Hotel Salzburg