“Lovely stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkhotel Brunauer

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkhotel Brunauer to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkhotel Brunauer
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Elisabethstrasse 45A, Salzburg 5020 , Austria (Formerly Josef Brunauer Hotel)   |
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 20%
Ranked #25 of 134 Hotels in Salzburg
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Yet another lovely stay in this hotel. The Junior Suite room I was assigned was amazing, everybody was willing to help and there were only smiling faces all around. That’s great customer service which I have not come across very often. Congratulations!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Beate W, Leiter Gästebetreuung at BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkhotel Brunauer, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Javipena82!

Thank you so much that you have taken the time and gave us such an excellent assessment about our hotel!

Your feedback is very important for us and we want to say: THANK YOU!

If I can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitat to contact me or my colleagues at +43662454265 or per e-mail at office@parkhotelbrunauer.at .

We hope you will come back and see us again!

With kind regards,
Beate Woger
Guest Relation Manager
Best Western Plus Parkhotel Brunauer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
manchester, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Only stayed here for 1 night, largely because it's quite close to the railway station. The room we had wasn't the largest we've ever stayed in, & the shower was definitely on the small side, but all was fairly modern & very clean. As others have said, the big downside is the lack of air conditioning - when we were there, in August, it was pretty hot & humid. On the positive side however, it's just a 15 minute walk to the Mirabel Gardens, & 25-30 to the old town. Reception staff were fine & spoke excellent english. The lovely garden area is a nice bonus. Breakfast was also well above average. The free wi-fi also worked well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear lettyger!

Thank you, that you've taken the time and gave us your assessment about our hotel!

Please, let us explain why we don't have an air condition in our hotel. The reason is, that we have the Austrian eco-label! So we are committed to take note of a low energy consumpion.

Thank you again for your excellent assessment and we want to say THANK YOU for your compliments!

If I can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitat to contact me or my colleagues at +43662454265 or per e-mail to office@parkhotelbrunauer.at .

We hope you will come back and see us again!

With kind regards from Salzburg,
Beate Woger
Guest Relation Manager
Best Western Plus Parkhotel Brunauer
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I choose this hotel because of its proximity from the central station as I would arrive from Munich by train. Initially I was slightly lost in finding the location but from the moment I stepped inside, I have been very very satisfied with it.

The main building is slightly hidden from the road and the building design is rather widely spread (instead of narrow and vertically high). The receptionist was very friendly and the check-in process was swift. I was given a junior suite which is larger than my expectation. The room is clean with separate bathroom and toilet. Water boiler is provided also for convenience. The room hall-way (the path way between the room and shower) has an auto light which switch off when the lights in the other rooms are turned on... so it conserves energy. It gives good feel to know that I am staying in eco-friendly hotel (i.e. with eco suggestion on towels and toiletries).

When I approched the staff for suggestions of the place to visit, she had kindly showed me the various "tourist attractions" plus local secret on the good cafes and suggested the Salzburg card which is a must have for anybody visiting the city. She gave me full attention and thorough explanations which definitely add a plus mark for this hotel. When I was back to the hotel around 11pm, another staff greeted me kindly and attentively asked if I need anything else. The same staff still remembered my request when I met him the next day and asked if I were satisfied with the stuff I requested. I find this level of service very professional instead of treating every guest simply as "just another guests on short stay".

The hotel has free wi-fi or alternatively guest can borrow LAN cable from the reception counter. Breakfast buffet was good with ample bread selection and an egg station where one could request how he/she wants the egg to be done. Every staff would greet the guests kindly and try to meet the requests. I believe they have a garden too although I did not check it out.

I would definitely recommend this hotel based on my own good experience staying with them.

Jakarta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We got a room towards the front, and as it is summer and the rooms have no airconditioning, it was very noisy, sleeping was not easy.

The hotel has a delightful garden which we enjoyed for a quiet beer and later for a dinner. Parking is ample and safe behind the hotel.

The staff is very helpful and not buerocratic regarding internet cables (for rooms too far away from wifi). It is near enough to go to the city as parking in Salzburg is horrible.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Overview: I think of this as a great value 3 star hotel, not the 4 stars it claims to be. Still, I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was comfortable. There was no air conditioning or mini-fridge, but Internet access and parking were free. The included breakfast was very good.

Location: With a car, this location is great. Only 2km north of the old town, you get away from the noise and expensive hotels, yet everything is within a 5 minute drive. Walking would be doable, but a little far... probably 25 minutes. I am not familiar with the public transportation options.

Room: The room was modern and comfortable. The front desk provided a data cable for (wired) internet access, but wifi reached my room with no problem. The room had a small balcony overlooking the quiet garden behind the hotel. While the room had no air conditioning, leaving the balcony door open and using a (slightly noisy) fan provided by front desk kept the room cool. This may not be sufficient for particularly hot days, but it was OK when I was there (high 79F/26C).

Facilities: A good breakfast was included. Free parking is conveniently on-site. The grounds behind the hotel are basically a quiet park which can be used for events and outdoor seating for their restaurant.

Value: I paid about 100 Euros which included breakfast, internet, and parking. I found this to be a very good value.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of the hotel, overlooking the park, are likely quieter.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We have stayed one night only but enjoyed our stay very much. Staff are very helpful, rooms are clean and breakfast buffet is better than average. I chose this hotel due to its proximity to train station as we were off to Vienna the following day. You may have to look elsewhere if you want something centrally located.

Our 3 year old loved the big garden, running around a lot. I went for a jog along the river, just go out the backdoor, through carpark and keep going straight through the narrow streets till you hit the river. Turn left and run towards the city or turn right to run out.

Giving this hotel 5 stars based on our overall experience, disregarding the official "star" rating.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stayed in a single room for 2 nights and was sad to leave.!
The room was spotlessly clean, and the decor bright and simple with strong attention to details.
There was a quiet balcony to sit on and the thermostat/internet all worked properly.
I spoke with 4 different staff members and all were attentive, warm and helpful.
You can get a kettle at reception for tea in your room.
The hotel is about a 7 minute walk from the main train station and is situated in a quiet peaceful area.
This is not a 'posh' hotel -it is very simple- but charming and in my opinion represents excellent value for money.
I would highly recommend this hotel for quiet people who value cleanliness.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkhotel Brunauer? Share your experiences!