“Great time!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 135 hotels in Salzburg
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
“Great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed recently in this hotel with my husband and my little one (6 and 2 years old) and I must say that the service and hospitality of the hotel was wonderful. The staff if very friendly in every department , the room very comfortable , the food in the restaurant delicious. Even if the hotel is not located in downtown , the city is small so you can walk 20/25 min. to get there. I definitely go back to this hotel!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SZGZA, Manager at Wyndham Grand Salzburg Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Claudia B,

We were delighted to have welcomed you and your family to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Conference Centre, Salzburg.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the food in the BarRoque our lively and stylish Restaurant/Bar where we offer a selection of seasonal menus, quick lunch or children’s menu.

Your warm and motivating comments will surely be shared with our entire team and they’ll continue to strive for excellence in every guest experience.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Radisson Blu Hotel & Conference Centre, Salzburg

565 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Northern VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I obtained the Radisson through a third party booking at about $100 a night. I was hesitant, considering the price and mixed reviews. I was very pleased. I received an upgrade to a junior business suite. I don't want to go overboard on a "suite". It was a European sized suit, not an American sized suite. By that, I mean it was about 24 feet by 34 feet, including bathroom. But it was well designed, clean, with new furniture. The price did not include breakfast. Nice and clean, though smallish, pool and exercise area. The staff was very helpful. The location was two blocks from the train station, and the bus hub (to anywhere). There was a food store next door. It was a 15-20 easy walk to the old part of the city. For the price, it was the best value on a two week trip in various cities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Foster32,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Conference Centre, Salzburg. It is always pleasing to receive feedback from our customers following their stays and we are delighted that our team’s personal and attentive service as well as the cleanliness throughout the hotel met your expectations.

We look forward to having you back with us again.

Radisson Blu Hotel & Conference Centre, Salzburg
East London, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Thankfully, my wife and I only had one night at the Radisson. The outside of the hotel is very modern and up-to-date with a great looking conference centre and restaurant. When we checked in, we were told that because the hotel was full we were being upgraded to a junior suite for free - nice touch. The junior suite, however, was pretty cramped with only a double bed. The bathroom was very outdated with a dingy shower-over-bath set up. The hallway leading to the room smelled like old smoke and so did our room. The carpeting in the room also looked very old and well used. The hotel is also in a poor position if you're there to see the city (good, I guess, if you're just there for business) with nothing of interest within short walking distance. I would be VERY hesitant before bothering to book at another Radisson anywhere because of this.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DavidA,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Conference Centre, Salzburg

It has been disappointing to note that you felt our junior suite was not what you had expected as we often have many compliments regarding the layout and the extra touch such as the Nespresso Machine in our upgraded room types. They often find much favour with both corporate and leisure travellers alike.

I would however welcome the opportunity to allay your concerns and should you be returning to Salzburg in the near future, would welcome the opportunity of having you stay with us.

Thank you once more for your measured feedback and I do hope we have the pleasure of your company again soon.

Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Radisson Blu Hotel & Conference Centre in the Fanny-von-Lehnert-Strasse near the railway station in Salzburg is a decent business hotel with high prices. This is why I can't rate them higher - it is to expensive for their service level. But its a "ok" hotel, with good but outdated rooms and very outdated bathrooms. Service is ok, breakfast is ok, rest of the hotel ist ok. Very much tourists there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
RMittermair, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Salzburg Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Reiseprofi_Wien,

thank you very much for your feedback.

We are planning renovation works to make our guests more satisfied.
Maybe you will give us another chance then to meet or even exceed your expectations. We would be very happy to welcome you again!

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Having stayed in other Radissons, I had some high expectations of an ultra-modern hotel My first impressions.... dark and musty-smelling corridoors and a room which paid homage to something out of the 80's: mottled wallpaper, a plastic sink and brown carpeting. It didn't help that I was put in a room with 2 single beds, that the room had a relatively small window facing a concrete monstrosity of an office block or that I found hairs in my bathroom on the first two nights (that were not my own!). The wifi required me to have one password per device per day. In fact they never seemed to last as long so I had to request even more. There was only one available plug which for a hotel catering to business clients as well as tourists, is not great.

Had I checked out there and then, I would have given this 2 stars at most. However, after staying two more days, I did come across the positives... service was good and efficient, the breakfast was excellent with a lot of choice and the decor downstairs was very good, the bar in particular was warm and inviting with great mood lighting and quick service. And both my dinners, restaurant and room service, were well above average.

Room Tip: I have no idea if other rooms have non-imposing views but I was not too happy with 540.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear londoneraway,

thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

It is a great pity that you did not was totally satisfied with your stay. We are planning renovation works at the moment to stay up-to-date.

But it makes us happy that you also made positive experiences especially with our service. It is very important to have highly motivated employees. Therefore I am delighted to share your feedback with my team.

We would be pleased to welcome you back to Salzburg sometime in the future.

singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This hotel has best location for tourist but it is very hard to find if you drive a car. We spent almost an hour to find it although we do have a GPS. The sign is small and it is very hard to find a park place in the old town of salzburg. The hotel room is spacious and comfortable. The internet is free. But this is a really old hotel. It is not like other radisson blu.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
RMittermair, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Salzburg Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Jia Y,

thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us on TripAdvisor and for you good rating.

It surprises me that you did not find our hotel at first go because normally it is easy to find from the motorway exit and we also placed many signs in the city.
To find a parking side is not really difficult, because we have an underground car park with a lot of parking space.
It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in Salzburg.

We would be pleased to welcome you back to Salzburg in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The hotel was really close to the Railway Station which was great which is why we chose it for our 1 night stay. When we arrived, the reception desk was very busy and I felt disappointed with the check - in. The lady seemed to be in a rush and failed to tell us about breakfast, facilities in the hotel or even that we had to use our room key to use the lift. If we hadn't already known about the free WiFi then we'd have missed out on that as you needed a login and password for access. There was one lady on reception, who I noticed was being really helpful to other guests checking in so I guess we were just unlucky.
We booked a family room which was lovely and our daughter loved having a king sized bed all to herself. A/c was good and there was a hairdryer and ironing board in the room. One fault about the room was that there were overpriced snacks to buy on display on the desk (normally these things are in a cupboard or minibar out of sight) Maybe a good facility for hotel guests (all my favourites were there!) but it was a huge temptation for the kids and it did cause a small argument in our party. Swimming pool was a huge disappointment as it was far too small for 4+ people. Salzburg is beautiful but alas I will probably be looking to stay elsewhere on my next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
SZGZA, Manager at Wyndham Grand Salzburg Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Purple Maz,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel

Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced at the front desk. I already discussed your comment with our front office manager and trainings have been conducted to prevent a similar situation from reoccurring in the future.

Thank you for the positive feedback on our family room. They are indeed very much appreciated by parents traveling with little children.

It would our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future, giving us another opportunity to make sure you have a great stay.

Resident Manager

Been to Wyndham Grand Salzburg Conference Centre? Share your experiences!