We chose this hotel firstly by cost and then by location and were very pleased by our decision. The hotel accommodation is not 4 star but the beds were very comfortable and the room extremely warm! Disappointing that we had to take up plastic cups of hot water from the foyer and buy tea bags to get a drink in our room. We felt that those facilities are really standard these days, but not here! The walk to the old town was a pleasant stroll and mainly through a pedestrianised section with some very nice windows to look in! As others have mentioned, breakfast really was very good and certainly catered for every nationality. Even bacon and scrambled eggs for the English! Salzburg is just lovely and the Xmas Markets really delightful. If going with young children, beware of Krampus during Advent as he scared the wits out of us with his grotesquely masked helpers - and we're in our 60's! Travels through town at about 5pm in the evening. We don't know about him in the UK!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Attractive Hotel located in town center, 1/2 mile from train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Goldenes Theater Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Theaterhotel Hotel Salzburg
- Salzburg Cordial Theaterhotel Hotel