“Nice clean excellent service - incl. private parking area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Auersperg

Save Saved
You added Hotel Auersperg to your Saves list
Hotel Auersperg
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Auerspergstrasse 61, Salzburg 5020, Austria (Formerly Golden Tulip Hotel Auersperg)   |
Ranked #8 of 135 hotels in Salzburg
Kaufbeuren
“Nice clean excellent service - incl. private parking area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

Enjoyed staying at your hotel at fair prices - very nice wellness area which forces you for a tough decission - Downtown sightseeing or Wellness

• Stayed May 2010

579 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Mumbai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

This is was the first stop on our two week trip through Central Europe and must say a very disappointing start. Well I need to accept that a part of it was my fault since I did not review the booking sheet correctly but when we reached the hotel after a long flight and train journey, we realised that I incorrectly have a booking which says "double room-single use". Well since we were 4 people travelling together we needed 2 double rooms with double use. The staff at the front desk promptly increased the room rate over the two day stay but bundled us to the same tiny room. Well the room was so small that we could hardly fit our two bags and ourselves and inspite of repeated requests and empty rooms right across the corridor the lady at the desk refused to upgrade us. For the move into a larger room she asked for an additional increase of Euro 50 per night over and above the increase we were already paying because of my oversight. We even reuqested one large and one small room so that there will be some place where we could all sit together but I guess accomodating guest is not such a priority. I am actually not too sure if we were singled out for such behaviour considering we are Asians since most other reviews rave about excellent rooms and great service. I have to admit though that this was specific to one front office lady. Most other staff was very helpful.
The breakfast is nice with great variety and the location of the property is also ok considering that it is a short distance from the old town . However I would recommend that you take directions because it can be difficult to find if you decide to walk from the station. We ended up spending most of the time outside since we had very little room inside so can't comment on the spa. However the wi-fi and internet connctivity seemed to be good.
I guess ours was a one-off experience given the positive reviews but my recommendation to all booking the hotel is to review the booking sheet and check the room size beforehand. One mistake can cost a lot of money and still leave you with a bad experience.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Schmeisser, Manager at Hotel Auersperg, responded to this review, May 26, 2010
Dear guest,

We are a hotel with international standard and guests. I can guarantee you, that we set a high value on our service quality, throughout all departments and with all our guests. We are very sorry for your disappointment. As you wrote in your review the disappointing situation occured due to the booking of 2 double rooms single use for 2 people, which was in fact for 4 people. We offered you a 10% reduction per room and night, because of the misunderstanding, which we think was a fair deal.

We would like to thank you for the hint for other guests to check their bookings in advance, because this is something we cannot controll prior to arrival.

Kind regards

Sabine Schmeisser
Assistant Manager
St. Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

Don't hesitate to stay in this hotel - it is lovely in every way and nicely situated within easy walking distance to the old town. The morning breakfast is particularly wonderful (try to get a window view). Lovely rooms, great bathrooms, nice amenities, and a very helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

My only complaint is the hotel is just a tiny bit off the beaten path but Salzburg is so small it's not really an issue. Stayed in the Villa building and it's very modern, spacious, quiet and clean. The staff made several dinner recommendations and we ended up at the Italian restaurant 1/2 block away and it was a nice break from German food! The reviews for this hotel are so consistent and there's a good reason for that...can't imagine anyone really has a bad experience here.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

I loved this place - very quiet location and only a 5-10 min walk from the centre of town. I stayed in the non-smoking villa (building next door to the main hotel) in a "small double". It was super clean and bright with two large windows, and very quiet; not huge, but with a well-designed layout - spacious bathroom, entryway and ample storage. FREE WiFi !! was a really nice feature. Terrific breakfast, and great little bar area with a good snack/drink menu. The "spa" with sauna and steam room has a nice lounge area to relax at the end of the day. Excellent.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

After traveling around Europe for almost three weeks and staying in quirky, small hotel rooms in different cities, it was so refreshing to check into Hotel & Villa Auersperg in Salzburg. The hotel is modern, yet still very cozy and comfortable. It's in an amazing location - near the pedestrian only zone at the edge of the old town. I was thinking that I wanted to stay in the old town, but after visiting Salzburg, I am so glad we booked this hotel just outside of it. This hotel is in a very quiet location and had we stayed in the old town, it wouldn't have been a quiet experience at all. Everyone at the hotel was nice and helpful. The room was spotless and had the most wonderful shower I think I've ever taken. Slate floors with radiant heating and a "rain shower" nozzle. Plenty of hot water, free Internet, comfortable beds and they provide you with ipod chargers. It was exactly the break we needed from the typical quirky European hotel room!

The breakfast bar each morning was amazing! Everything you can think of - cheese, meats, fruit, yogurts, homemade breads, juices...you name it, it was there. I took my time having breakfast every morning because it was such an enjoyable experience. This will be my Salzburg hotel from now on!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

Our hotel room, 223 in the "Villa" was excellent, so spacious and gorgeous. The room had a lovely natural wood floor, sofa, big coffee table, chair, desk, queen size bed, coffee machine (by the way, we just had to buy one like it when we got home) and mini bar, walk in wardrobe, room safe and really nice bathroom with fantastic shower. The hotel style is very cosmopolitan..... Lovely. The hotel staff were all very nice, helpful and friendly. Breakfast was very nice, a selection of continental style (cheeses, salami, ham, peppers, cucumber, yogurts, museli, fruit juices) and also eggs to suit your style with bacon. All very nice. I don't believe I saw it mentioned anywhere but I discovered you can hire the hotel Land Rover for 35 euro a day.
We also accidentally left some items in the room and the hotel were very good to post these items to us.
I don't think I can recommend this hotel enough, it was just wonderful. I've been lucky to stay in a lot of nice hotels in my life and this one rates right at the top.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Auersperg? Share your experiences!