“Great location for transport options” 3 of 5 stars

ACHAT Plaza Zum Hirschen
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   St Julien Strasse 21-23, Salzburg 5020, Austria   |
Ranked #27 of 136 Hotels in Salzburg
Canberra, Australia
“Great location for transport options”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This hotel is located on the road that brings you in by shuttle from the airport and is only a few hundred metres from the hauptbahnhof. Its a clean and nicely presented, but old fashioned, hotel with large rooms and a bigger than expected bathroom. Airconditioning was not easy to set and we had a warm night. Free Internet was only for 60 minutes. As is usual in Germany and Austria, there were twin beds rather than a double. Breakfast was not included in our package but it was cheap and so we had it and value for money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I hate writing reviews like this, as I'm not really a complainer! However, I think this hotel was just ok. There was a musty/old smoke smell throughout, it wasn't super clean, the breakfast was overpriced for what it was, and the facilities were a bit lacking. (For instance- there was a fridge in our room which was great, but it leaked water.)
However the staff were friendly and accommodated our request to face the courtyard (more like a car park), the rooms are quiet and large, and for what it is, the hotel is pretty good value for money,
It is also close to the train station in a safe but not terribly attractive area.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Achat met all my needs for my 24 stay in Salzburg. Was a 5 minute walk from the train station and a 20 minute walk to all the main sites of the city. I enjoyed not being in the crowded tourist area, which I think this is a good thing. The room itself, while not fancy, was spacious and met all my needs. I was surprised there was a little hallway between the bathroom and bedroom. The bathroom was remodeled and nice. I slept well and just enjoyed my time there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The room is very big and very comfortable. It is located about 5 minutes away from the train station. You can get your Salzburg card at the hotel reception as well. The staff is also willing to help you with directions to the places of interest.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable stay. I booked the standard double room and requested a high floor. I was given the highest, the fourth floor, and with a shower. The room was very spacious and if counted there's about 4 rooms: the toilet room,
Shower room, closet/desk room, and bedroom! I travelled just by myself and this was a very satisfying stay. Everything is clean and the bed is comfortable. Wifi worked fine. You just have to keep entering the code when you return to the hotel. I did not try the breakfast. It costs 12€ though and it's a buffet. The location is pretty fair and only a 5 minute walk to Mirabell gardens. The staff was very informative and helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend staying here if you come to Salzburg for a visit. Also, you should look into purchasing the Salzburg from the front desk! I got my money's worth. Only minor issue with my room was it was close to the elevator and late at night I could hear people talking through the walls or walking but it did not last long. I would still stay again in the same room.

• Stayed July 2014
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed only one night at this hotel in July and were very impressed. Compared to some other hotels we have stayed at, the value for the price was really excellent. Our room had a sitting area with couch and TV as well as a proper king sized bed instead of the two singles put together that feature at some hotels. Wifi worked well, as did air conditioning. The staff was very helpful and the location is perfect for walking around town and arriving by train. We would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Ideal hotel for us for our week in Salzburg. Quarter of a hour stroll down to the old town and a variety of ways including through the Mirabell Gardens or along the river. Big room with three chairs, wardrobe and desk, plus decent sized fridge (there was an option to make it a mini bar but we used it for our own purchases) and very large bathroom/wet room, which included great shower and hairdryer. Could have done with non slip bath but that's another story!
Staff were polite and responsive but not over fussy. The rooms were kept clean though we never saw a maid and though we tended to return and leave the hotel several times through the day were always treated kindly. I found it too late to use but as we left discovered a room off the general lounge we had not used, that contained a working internet set up complete with switched on and connected printer. Quiet (double windows in all rooms), convenient (a stroll into town plus a supermarket opposite), spacious and very reasonable. We did not check out the breakfast or dinner.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back overlooking the car park and never heard a thing. the front rooms overlook...