“Met all my needs, easy walk to the train and everything else.” 4 of 5 stars

ACHAT Plaza Zum Hirschen
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   St Julien Strasse 21-23, Salzburg 5020, Austria   |
Ranked #21 of 134 Hotels in Salzburg
Los Angeles, California
“Met all my needs, easy walk to the train and everything else.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Achat met all my needs for my 24 stay in Salzburg. Was a 5 minute walk from the train station and a 20 minute walk to all the main sites of the city. I enjoyed not being in the crowded tourist area, which I think this is a good thing. The room itself, while not fancy, was spacious and met all my needs. I was surprised there was a little hallway between the bathroom and bedroom. The bathroom was remodeled and nice. I slept well and just enjoyed my time there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The room is very big and very comfortable. It is located about 5 minutes away from the train station. You can get your Salzburg card at the hotel reception as well. The staff is also willing to help you with directions to the places of interest.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Very comfortable stay. I booked the standard double room and requested a high floor. I was given the highest, the fourth floor, and with a shower. The room was very spacious and if counted there's about 4 rooms: the toilet room,
Shower room, closet/desk room, and bedroom! I travelled just by myself and this was a very satisfying stay. Everything is clean and the bed is comfortable. Wifi worked fine. You just have to keep entering the code when you return to the hotel. I did not try the breakfast. It costs 12€ though and it's a buffet. The location is pretty fair and only a 5 minute walk to Mirabell gardens. The staff was very informative and helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend staying here if you come to Salzburg for a visit. Also, you should look into purchasing the Salzburg from the front desk! I got my money's worth. Only minor issue with my room was it was close to the elevator and late at night I could hear people talking through the walls or walking but it did not last long. I would still stay again in the same room.

• Stayed July 2014
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed only one night at this hotel in July and were very impressed. Compared to some other hotels we have stayed at, the value for the price was really excellent. Our room had a sitting area with couch and TV as well as a proper king sized bed instead of the two singles put together that feature at some hotels. Wifi worked well, as did air conditioning. The staff was very helpful and the location is perfect for walking around town and arriving by train. We would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Ideal hotel for us for our week in Salzburg. Quarter of a hour stroll down to the old town and a variety of ways including through the Mirabell Gardens or along the river. Big room with three chairs, wardrobe and desk, plus decent sized fridge (there was an option to make it a mini bar but we used it for our own purchases) and very large bathroom/wet room, which included great shower and hairdryer. Could have done with non slip bath but that's another story!
Staff were polite and responsive but not over fussy. The rooms were kept clean though we never saw a maid and though we tended to return and leave the hotel several times through the day were always treated kindly. I found it too late to use but as we left discovered a room off the general lounge we had not used, that contained a working internet set up complete with switched on and connected printer. Quiet (double windows in all rooms), convenient (a stroll into town plus a supermarket opposite), spacious and very reasonable. We did not check out the breakfast or dinner.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back overlooking the car park and never heard a thing. the front rooms overlook...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Levin, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located near the Railway station (roll your luggage to the hotel) and it is even closer using the back street. Walking into the old town centre is just 15 min. Most of this walk is through the pretty gardens of the Mirabell Palace and across the pedestrian bridge. From the outside I had expected less but I was pleasantly surprised once inside the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room and bathroom were clean, spacious and modern. The room had air conditioning, a bonus in the summer heat. Near the reception there is a lounge and computer area on an upper floor a sauna and fitness room. Breakfast was in a nice dining room decorated traditional Austrian style. The hotel runs also its Restaurant. The buffet breakfast had a good selection of choices. I would definitely go there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thatcham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights in May, with family in two rooms. The hotel was well positioned for the station (about 5 minutes) and the old town was only a 15 minutes steady walk away. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the rooms were very comfortable, with very good housekeeping. Breakfast was well priced with an excellent selection of both hot and cold food, served buffet style. We hadn't planned to have breakfast in the hotel, but after having it the first morning, it made the start of the day so much easier.

Room Tip: Rooms looked fairly consistent, and although overlooking a very busy road, we found the double glazi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to ACHAT Plaza Zum Hirschen? Share your experiences!