Was expecting good things from the reviews I had already read but was still bowled over by it. The room (more like suite) was magnificent and the staff most welcoming and helpful. Was impressed by the staff wearing traditional costumes (still can't get my head round seeing an indian lady in a dirndl instead of a sari) until I realised everyone seemed to be wearing them the week we were there! Very close to the station and an easy bus ride from the Altstadt. I recommend the purchase of a Salzburg card for your stay - we covered the cost of a 48 hour card in the first 24 hours! These cards are readily available at reception.
We were only there for 3 days but, be assured, a return visit is already planned for next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The "Hirschen", for generations owned by the same family, is a traiditional, constantly improved and renovated quality 4-stars-hotel, ideally situated, with a choice of spacious and charming rooms, all airconditined, a beautiful (free) sauna-complex, a traditional, cosy and locally popular organic restaurant with moderate rates and a large beergarden as well as a large parking place. (free). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your ACHAT Plaza Zum Hirschen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Achat Plaza Zum Hirschen Hotel Salzburg
- Achat Plaza Zum Hirschen Salzburg