I enjoyed my stay at the Castellani hotel and was overall quite satisfied: the room was quiet and equipped with everything I expected (incl. among other things an iron+ironing board, minibar, free wifi, flat screen TV, radio with CD player, a shoehorn,plastic slippers, ...)
The breakfast was rich, the staff friendly, the room and the hotel was very clean. Service and equipment are adequate for a four-star hotel.
Some reviews report that the lobby or rooms are smoky. I am a non-smoker and did not notice any such problems, but these may be because there were no smokers in the hotel at the time I stayed there. At least, I did not notice any smokers.
The hotel is surrounded by a small park and located on what seems to be one of Salzburg's main artery roads. As mentioned earlier, the room was very quiet, however, as it was located towards the park side.
The main drawback of this hotel is that it is located somewhat at the outskirts of the city centre and is not very well connected to the old town by public transport. A public bus goes to the centre about every 10 to 15 minutes, but to get to the bus stop you have to cross a busy road and there is no pedestrian crossing very close to the hotel. The bus ride to the city centre takes about 5 to 15 minutes, depending on where you want to go. Best way to get to centre is with taxi. To walk, you will need about 15 minutes to the beginning of the centre and about 30 minutes to Festspielhaus/Getreidegasse.
The heating system worked well, but temperature was difficult to regulate. I had set the temperature at 15 degrees, but I felt it was much warmer, so decided to open the window to cool the room (my stay was early December).
I would probably stay here again. Reasonably priced hotels in the city centre are difficult to find in Salzburg, so the Castellani overall seems a good choice to me.
- Also Known As:
- Castellani Parkhotel Hotel
- Castellani Parkhotel Salzburg
- Castellani Parkhotel Hotel Salzburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Castellani Parkhotel stands out for its location near the city centre of Salzburg and its excellent accessibility. It provides unique atmosphere and combines classic elegance and modern architecture, creating an elegant and luxurious style of living. The spacious hotel park with 400-year-old linden tree and a baroque wedding chapel forms the heart of this city hotel. The Restaurant serves regional dishes and international delicacies, accompanied by selected wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Castellani Parkhotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.