“Well worth a visit.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mozart's Birthplace (Mozart Gerburtshaus)

Mozart's Birthplace (Mozart Gerburtshaus)
Getriedegasse 9, Salzburg 5020, Austria
and up
Salzburg and Lake District Day Tour from Munich
Ranked #31 of 123 things to do in Salzburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The birthplace of the famous composer displays numerous musical artifacts from his early childhood.
Atlanta, Georgia
26 attraction reviews
“Well worth a visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We enjoyed the couple of hours that we spent here. We learned a lot about Mozart's life, history and music. Skip the Wohnhaus, and make this the museum you visit.

Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
chicago
142 attraction reviews
“A bit of modern technology would go a long way here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This seems like an attraction out of the 1960's or maybe the 1880's-actually pretty boring

And at 10 euros a head to enter, the modern day tourist needs a lot more to make this worthwhile

How about video of bits of scenes from some operas-or some music playing

A real stretch would be interactive video

The town is great-this is not

Visited October 2013
Italy
12 attraction reviews
“I was impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

There is no need to be a Mozart fan to appreciate so much this Museum, probably the most interesting of the 2 Mozart museums in Salzburg. After coming out from this museum I learn a lot more about Mozart. Very interesting are the personal objects that belonged to him, the musical instruments (his first violin and piano) ther object that had with him when he was touring around Europe (travelling for days and days in a horse carriage carrying also his piano), all the information about his life and his family. It could sound boring but the museum put everything in a very interesting way, and that's way I was really impressed

Visited September 2013
Fara San Martino, Italy
21 attraction reviews
“Interesting but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I'm not a music expert, I went to his house not because I love his work, but because he's famous...very famous! We had bought the "Salzburg Card" which gave us free entry (side note: highly recommend the salzburg card, we saved a ton of money in our 24hr period) so in that light, it was pretty interesting. However, if I had paid out of pocket, or was a huge lover of Mozart, then I might have been disappointed...we have a 7 and 9 year old, and we spent about an hour there....

Visited October 2013
Uzice, Serbia
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Salzburg is very beautiful town, full of history, I really like Mozartsplatz, especially Mozarts birth house. Also town is amazing at winter, I really enjoyed here. I hope I will visit it again soon.