For my participation in a conference in Salzburg, I choose to stay at the Mercure Central hotel and I extended my stay for the weekend. I booked a privilege room. Good location: old city, shopping streets and Salzburg congress within walking distance, but not the most charming part of the city. And on Sunday: less than 1 hour drive from Salzburg Sportwelt ski resorts!
I really enjoyed the privilege room: excellent bed, I slept very well. Nice modern bathroom with walk-in rain shower: another essential feature which I like very much. Bathrobe and slippers in the room: very practical to use the sauna in the hotel. Free drinks from the minibar in the room: again very nice. The room was also equipped with a Nespresso machine, but I never drink coffee, so I used the minibar ;-) All together not very cheap, but value for money. Small remark: bathroom amenities were not resupplied.
Very good breakfast buffet, but 4 days was enough. I also had dinner 1 night: very good food, but very cool atmosphere, since there were only 2 guests... Reception area is has a rather cool atmosphere, reception desk staff could not really help me to make a concert reservation. They just told me to do the reservation via internet. I also used the sauna in the hotel: one day is was not really heated anymore, the other day is was perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Salzburg Central is easy to reach by car or public transport, with Getreidegasse, Mirabell Garden, the historical center, Linzergasse and the main train station just a few minutes' walk away. This hotel in the city of Mozart is ideally located for cultural trips, city breaks and short stays. One of the reasons why the conference and seminar hotel is so highly rated among business guests is its proximity to the conference center, exhibition center and airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Orbitz, Odigeo, Otel, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Mercure Salzburg Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Salzburg Kapuzinerberg Hotel Salzburg
- Accor Salzburg Kapuzinerberg