We just spent a night at this hotel after exploring the old part of town and the Christmas markets. It is a nice, clean hotel with pleasant and informative staff. Our room was spacious, with a good sized bathroom and a comfy bed. Although wifi is free, we had trouble connecting. If we stood in the corner just right then it worked! Otherwise, no luck. There is also a water heater in the room with some teas and coffee to choose from. The hotel has a restaurant and a small bar, but we did not utilize either. If you are driving, there is underground parking for 11€ a day which we felt was reasonable. Now if you are looking for a hotel that is centrally located in the touristy part of Salzburg, this is not your place. It is across the river and about a 20 minute walk away. While it is not the most scenic area, we never felt unsafe while walking at night. There are a few restaurants near by if you decide to eat near the hotel. You will come across more the closer you get to the river. But be prepared. Saturday nights get very busy, and if you do not have reservations somewhere, you may be stuck making due with what you can find. At 9:30, we finally found a pizza place with space available that we would probably would not have chosen if we could have gotten in else where and it wasn't raining. If it is your first visit to Salzburg and you want the wow factor, stay in the historic part of town. But if you are like us and have been to this lovely city umerous times, this Mercure is a good choice. For less than 100€, we really enjoyed our stay and would come back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4 star hotel offering 139 rooms. The Mercure Hotel Salzburg Kapuzinerberg is located in the north east of Salzburg, only 1.5 kilometres from the historic town centre and only 8 kilometres from the international airport. The hotel features a lounge bar, one restaurant, 6 meeting rooms, a parking garage, a sauna, steam bath and solarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Mercure Salzburg Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Salzburg Kapuzinerberg Hotel Salzburg
- Accor Salzburg Kapuzinerberg