The Mercure central is not, central that is! It's in the new part of the city, about half an hr walk to Old Town where main sightseeing area is. It's actually next to a petrol garage and lap dancing club!! It is tired and lacklustre. Tiny bar and unwelcoming seats in reception, utilitarian. Standard double room is adequate and basic. It was clean.
Most staff on reception were OK especially lady called Katy who went the extra mile to help us choose trips etc. Would recommend walking to a cafe for continental breakfast, it's a third the price of hotel breakfast (which was 15 euros each).
Not to be missed..........wonderful dinner and Mozart/Strauss concert in the castle with stunning views of the city. Best buy is the Saltzburg card for free entry into museums, castle etc plus free travel in city and nearby Hellbrun Palace with trick water fountains (very amusing).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4 star hotel offering 139 rooms. The Mercure Hotel Salzburg Kapuzinerberg is located in the north east of Salzburg, only 1.5 kilometres from the historic town centre and only 8 kilometres from the international airport. The hotel features a lounge bar, one restaurant, 6 meeting rooms, a parking garage, a sauna, steam bath and solarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Otel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Salzburg Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Salzburg Kapuzinerberg Hotel Salzburg
- Accor Salzburg Kapuzinerberg