The Mercure Salzburg Central is almost close enough to the historic center of Salzburg to be true to its name. While it is not in the boonies, it is still a good 20 minute hike to the historic centre. We believe this to be a hotel that is likely more suited to business travel and conventions than tourist travel. There’s no reason to believe that public transit isn’t as efficient in Salzburg as it is other European cities, but we didn’t investigate that option at all so I can’t speak to it. That all being said, on a warm day it is likely a very nice walk – in the rain, not so much.
If traveling by auto (as we were) the hotel is very easy to find, and access from the A1 is quite convenient – essentially only one turn after leaving the motorway. Parking at the hotel is available for a fee – I can’t remember the rate of the top of my head but 15 euros rings a bell. However, a limited number of free parking spots are available directly in front of the hotel within the white lines in front of the marked bus parking…if you’re lucky enough to get it. The hotel is surrounded by convenient amenities – not a lot of shopping, but a fuel station, market, and a few restaurants are all nearby.
The hotel was quite nice, a step above most other “Mercure” branded properties at which we have stayed. Although it is not a new building it appears to have been recently overhauled. The furniture was all modern and functional, the beds and pillows were comfortable, and the bathroom was modern. Overall we were quite pleased with the value of this property.
The tasty hot breakfast was to Mercure standards (which we believe to be generally higher than breakfasts served in other European hotels), with a very good selection of baking, cold cuts, cheese, fruit, cereals, and juices.
In general we were quite happy with our stay, and we consider the Mercure Salzburg Central to be quite good value.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Salzburg Kapuzinerberg Hotel
- Mercure Salzburg Kapuzinerberg Hotel Salzburg
- Accor Salzburg Kapuzinerberg
- Mercure Salzburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4 star hotel offering 139 rooms. The Mercure Hotel Salzburg Kapuzinerberg is located in the north east of Salzburg, only 1.5 kilometres from the historic town centre and only 8 kilometres from the international airport. The hotel features a lounge bar, one restaurant, 6 meeting rooms, a parking garage, a sauna, steam bath and solarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, ACCOR, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Mercure Salzburg Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.