We arrived to the hotel with higher exceptions, so maybe it's our fault to think that Mercure will be a better hotel.
The staff were great, very nice indeed.
But! The room was dated, pretty big though, very big bathroom.
The room had a very bad smell, some kind of air-freshener which the cleaning lady used everyday, and we opened wide the window to get rid of.
We got drinks for the bar on the house, very cool, although we were alone with the bartender.
Location - we walk VERY fast, and it took us 18 minutes to walk to the old city center, i.g the hotel is not centrally located, and from the main rail station it took us 10 minutes.
Overall, I would stay again becuase I like Accor, but this hotel needs renovation (And a better smell...)
(We had room 117)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4 star hotel offering 139 rooms. The Mercure Hotel Salzburg Kapuzinerberg is located in the north east of Salzburg, only 1.5 kilometres from the historic town centre and only 8 kilometres from the international airport. The hotel features a lounge bar, one restaurant, 6 meeting rooms, a parking garage, a sauna, steam bath and solarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Mercure Salzburg Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Salzburg Kapuzinerberg Hotel Salzburg
- Accor Salzburg Kapuzinerberg