The hotel is about 10 minutes walking distance from the city center, actually all the sights are within easy reach.
The hotel has been renovated and the rooms are large with brand new furnishing. The bathroom was spotless and we had a good many towels to use. We had breakfast, which was the usual fare, with hot items included as well. It was nothing outstanding, but of good quality. Interestingly they have a Tchibo coffee machine in operation which was excellent - really good quality coffee there.
They have a fitness room and a sauna, but you need to activate your room key to get in, which was somewhat odd.
All in all I can recommend the hotel. The staff was helpful and the few minor glitches we experienced they always tried to remedy immediately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4 star hotel offering 139 rooms. The Mercure Hotel Salzburg Kapuzinerberg is located in the north east of Salzburg, only 1.5 kilometres from the historic town centre and only 8 kilometres from the international airport. The hotel features a lounge bar, one restaurant, 6 meeting rooms, a parking garage, a sauna, steam bath and solarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Salzburg Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Salzburg Kapuzinerberg Hotel Salzburg
- Accor Salzburg Kapuzinerberg