Stayed only 1 night and had a good experience. Check in was smooth and trouble free.
Asked for non-smoking rooms. However, cigarette smell was present at the corridor on rooms level. Rooms seem to have been recently renovated, nice and clean. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom was fine and everything in working order. Just like the normal Mercure standard. Welcome drinks vouchers given for Accor members.
Wifi was free and worked in the rooms as well. TV programmes mostly European and only 1 English news channel.
Location of the hotel is not very far from the train station. Walking instructions which took about 10 minutes given by the hotel is as follows:
- leave the main train station through the main exit
- turn left and follow the street to the traffic lights
- turn left at the lights and walk left through the railway tunnel
- keep walking straight "Gabelsbergerstrasse"
- the street makes a slight turn left and you will see traffic lights
- turn left at the traffic lights into Bayerhamerstrasse
- after 200 m you see our hotel on the right hand side
We found another short cut though. Instead of exiting the main train station, walk in the opposite direction which leads to a tunnel that cuts across the railway tracks and platforms above and exit by walking up a flight of stairs. Cross the road and turn left and walk along Lastenstrasse then turn right into Breitenfelderstrasse and walk on. Finally turn right and walk along Bayerhamerstrasse to reach Mercure on the left. Walking time to reach the hotel is about 5 to 7 minutes.
To reach the old town, turn left at the hotel and walk along Bayerhamerstrasse to reach Schallmooser Huaptstrasse turn right and walk straight ahead to cross the bridge into the tourist spots.
We paid slightly over 50 euro without breakfast per room for a night stay when booked early which was a good deal. Customer service was excellent too. A good Accor hotel to stay within easy walking distance from train station.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Salzburg City Hotel Salzburg
- Mercure Salzburg City Hotel
- Accor Salzburg City
- Mercure Salzburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 4 star hotel offers 121 comfortable rooms in the centre of Salzburg, the city of Mozart. Quiet and centrally located, only a few minutes walk from the historic old town. Take the Salzburg North exit from the A1 motorway. Restaurant and bar with terrace, airconditioned meeting rooms and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, ACCOR, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Salzburg City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.