When I travel for my work, I always choose hotels with a restaurant, because I don't feel like going out on my own in the evening. I realize I have to give in on quality, but I gain on convenience. Having said that, the low standard of quality at the restaurant of the Mercure Salzburg City was not what I bargained for. I gave my order for a drink. More than 15 minutes went by, the waiter muttered something about a group of Americans, brought me my drink (1/8 of wine instead of 1/4 and still water instead of sparkling). Then they brought my main course, forgetting about the starter. I ended up having my starter after the main course. When I brought this up with the waitress, she gave some sort of lame apology. The waiter, however, was apparently man enough to make mistakes, but not to come over and apologize. When I checked out and mentioned what happened, the receptionist said: Ï'll have to find out what went wrong". Other than that, room was fine, shower in the bath.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Salzburg City Hotel Salzburg
- Mercure Salzburg City Hotel
- Accor Salzburg City
- Mercure Salzburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 4 star hotel offers 121 comfortable rooms in the centre of Salzburg, the city of Mozart. Quiet and centrally located, only a few minutes walk from the historic old town. Take the Salzburg North exit from the A1 motorway. Restaurant and bar with terrace, airconditioned meeting rooms and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Salzburg City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.