“hotel okay, avoid restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Frühbucher zahlen weniger
Ranked #54 of 135 hotels in Salzburg
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
“hotel okay, avoid restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

When I travel for my work, I always choose hotels with a restaurant, because I don't feel like going out on my own in the evening. I realize I have to give in on quality, but I gain on convenience. Having said that, the low standard of quality at the restaurant of the Mercure Salzburg City was not what I bargained for. I gave my order for a drink. More than 15 minutes went by, the waiter muttered something about a group of Americans, brought me my drink (1/8 of wine instead of 1/4 and still water instead of sparkling). Then they brought my main course, forgetting about the starter. I ended up having my starter after the main course. When I brought this up with the waitress, she gave some sort of lame apology. The waiter, however, was apparently man enough to make mistakes, but not to come over and apologize. When I checked out and mentioned what happened, the receptionist said: Ï'll have to find out what went wrong". Other than that, room was fine, shower in the bath.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
baliamis, Manager at Mercure Salzburg City, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear guest from the Netherlands,

first of all let me apologize for the experience you have had during your stay in our restaurant.
Please be assured that this is not the Mercure standard that we want to represent in the F&B section. We will discuss your feedback with our team in order to improve our service!

We hope we can welcome you again to give us the second possibility to convience you of our service.

Best regards from Salzburg

505 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Innsbruck, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Comfortable modern and clean hotel max. 20 min. walk from centre of old town. Underground parking available for €11-/night, free wifi & adequate speed. We stayed in a small suite (room 212) which was big enough for 4 people (sofa extended to allow for an additional bed) with view towards the back, hence avoiding busy front side road. No smoking hotel. Breakfast was ample however a little lacklustre. Staff friendly, service OK. Good value considering location and timing. Will be back next time again. Had dinner in Bella Vita just around the corner which was an excellent choice if you are not in a hurry.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
baliamis, Manager at Mercure Salzburg City, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear guests,

thank you for your review on your trip to Salzburg. We are happy to hear that your stay had been enjoyable!

Hope we can welcome you in future in one of an Accor Chain Hotel.

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Mercure Salzburg City for 6 nights during a trip to Europe. It was one of the nicer hotels we stayed in during our trip and we enjoyed the experience. The room and bathroom were quite spacious, easily the largest we encountered on our entire trip. The employees were tremendously helpful in navigating the city and finding local restaurant gems. The location isn't ideal, but the walk to the train station and older parts of the city are still within 15 minutes. Overall we would gladly stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

great to hear that our team could make your long stay in Salzburg comfortable and enjoyable. We will pass your comments and they will be happy to read them!

Hope you will come to Salzburg one time again!

Thomas Baliamis, General Manger Mercure Hotels Salzburg
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Nice comfortable hotel in quiet location. Beds nice and bathroom well stocked (towels, soap, lotion etc.) Lots of closet space and bench space for suitbags, free wifi. Close to downtown - a brisk 10 minute or more leisurely 15 minute walk, also near bus line. We walked from the train station pulling our bags, a bit of a walk but very doable. Staff quite helpful with good restaurant recommendations. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
baliamis, Manager at Mercure Salzburg City, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear guests from Alaska,

thank you for your positive recommodations regarding the Mercure Salzburg City!
We will share your feedback with our team!

Hope we can welcome you again in the beautiful city of Salzburg,

Greenwood, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed at Mercure City as part of a group. Reception was clean and well appointed but nothing special. Our room was nice, clean, and the beds comfortable. The bath was nice, fairly roomy by European standards. All in all, very nice indeed. I am not a fan of duvets (I think they are too hot) but made do. I suppose I could have asked for a blanket, but we were only there one night.
Breakfast was very nice with a large array of breads, cheeses, cereals, and my personal favorite - croissants! There was hot food and it looked nice but we eat a simple breakfast when traveling.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
baliamis, Manager at Mercure Salzburg City, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear BoilerMarkerBob,

thank you for your positive review. We enjoy reading that you have enjoyed your stay within the Accor Chain!

We hope we can welcome you again in beautiful Salzburg.

Thomas Baliamis, General Manager Mercure Hotels Salzburg

Been to Mercure Salzburg City? Share your experiences!