“It was nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 135 Hotels in Salzburg
Calgary, Canada
“It was nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

It was a very nice hotel. The access to the old town was great. The rooms was spacious. The porters of this hotel was very helpful and personable. The blonde receptionist needs to loosen up, but the other receptionist was very nice.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
british columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is such a beautiful hotel, full of character and wonderful staff. We will certainly stay here again if we are in Salzburg. The location couldn't be better. When we checked in the receptionist apologised that the room is a little small but it was very large! I have lived in smaller apartments! More than enough room for the four of us. Our suite was overlooking the river and the view was especially lovely at night. The air conditioner was a portable unit which was not ideal but despite the unseasonably hot weather we didn't find we needed it. A nice breeze came through the open windows. We did not find it noisy at all. The breakfast buffet was great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have rated this hotel pretty high just for the warm hospitality we got. Me and my husband reached this strange city in the middle of the night and our hotel booking was from the next day noon, hotel owner was great (first for picking up the phone so late and then for comforting us that he'll be there to open the door for us:). It was so freezing cold, the warm and cozy bed and hot tea did wonders. Location is great, best part of the city can be covered walking. We loved the breakfast spread and the old time setting of the house. A good, comfortable stay option in this beautiful city :)

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Since we stayed in Salzburg for only one night, we chose the Radisson Blu Alstadt based on location. We missed the sign for the hotel several times due to renovation, but eventually found it. The main entrance is on the river, and there is another entrance from a pedestrian street. The hotel is in a quaint old building, and there is no air conditioning. We stayed in July when it was very warm, but it was manageable with a fan. Our top floor room was surprisingly spacious, with a great view on the rooftop deck (there was a table and chairs on the deck too). There is wireless in the lobby, and we also got a voucher for a free drink in the lounge. The location is great, in the Old Town. Overall we enjoyed our stay and thought it was a good value (with AAA discount) for the location.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We just had a day in Salzburg and believe me if you want to see Salzburg on foot look no further than this hotel the location of this hotel is simply amazing
The beautiful river facing room was nice and big and we had no problem with any club noise like some other reviewers mention, altough i did find the stand alone AC unit not a five star attribute

The staff are decent and even gave me a late checkout, only issue was when we went to avail the complimentary drink coupon the bar tender took over 20 mins to come to the bar, infact some other people left having waited enough.

I will definitely stay here again if i visit Salzburg

Room Tip: Ask for a river facing room pay the bit extra on their website for it, its totally worth it
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Innsbruck
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from July 2-3 2012. This hotel has a hard-to-beat location in the old town and is a 5-star property. There are quite a few steps up from the river side where I arrived by taxi and nobody helped out with the luggage. Maybe there is a bell which I did not see, though.
Check-in was normal. The room was not big for 5* but charmingly old-style.
It has been a hot day and inside the room (The number was 411) it was extremely hot. The hotel had put a movable air-conditioner into the room. Unfortunately that seemed to be an alibi-action only for showing that they cared. It had not been switched on before, maybe because of it's noise in A/C mode which is like a compressor for construction work - completely impossible. (By the way, this was just as well because it is well-known that when the air-outlet-tube from such machines is just put through the open window, it actually heats the room and such devices manage a little bit of cooling only if the windows are closed except for an outlet that just fits the tube. Since the old-style-windows are segmented, this could have been set up actually easily.) I phoned to the reception about an other room or some solution but I was only told that 'all of the rooms are like that' and a cool thunderstorm might be coming.
I am a Radisson Gold member. The room I had got was amongst a few ones with the worst view (to a wall 2m from the window) and, it seemed to me when I walked the building, also THE hottest one (top floor on the hottest side of the building). I do blame the hotel for the heat-wave but for the issues described.
Unfortunately, no thunderstorm came and I really could not sleep.
There were other smaller issues with the coupon for a welcome-drink and so. Upon checkout nobody asked about my stay.
The printer was broken when I checked out but the receipt was sent to my office quickly.
My Clubcarlson-points were credited only after I complained a month later and then without the online-reservation bonus.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Kent, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on two occasions. I had a pleasant experience both times. Rooms are large. Although I requested and was confirmed a room with a king size bed, I was told by the room clerk at the front desk that there are no king size beds in the hotel. My rooms faced the Salzac river, a beautiful view, but was a little noisy at night. The breakfast was excellent. I had delicious dinner in the hotel's restaurant.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Judengasse are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel Altstadt, Salzburg? Share your experiences!