“So good, we came back twice in one day! Best coffee in Europe!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of the heart of joy cafe

the heart of joy cafe
Cuisines: Café, Vegetarian, Healthy, Vegan
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Sydney, Australia
“So good, we came back twice in one day! Best coffee in Europe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stumbled across this cafe when we were desperately searching for a place for coffee and wifi. As soon as we walked in the staff were so welcoming and so was the room temperature (it was quite cold outside) it smelt heavenly also. We ordered coffees and they were the best we've had in Europe. Not too strong and great flavour. We then ordered food even though we weren't hungry, so glad we did, I think it was the best salad I ever had in my life. (Heart of joy salad with goats cheese) also the quiche was divine. I would recommend this place to everyone visiting Austria/Salzburg.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London
“Fresh organic breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

What a surprise to find this so high in the rankings on here. We had a good breakfast here which was freshly made which is probably why it took a while to come. This is one of a few good eating places/cafes in this street making it it difficult to choose which is the best, as really they are all good for different reasons. This one offers organic fresh food, obviously prepared as it is ordered. We had a lovely muesli with yoghurt and some fresh orange juice with coffee. The service was friendly and we enjoyed sitting outside very much on a warm morning. Would definitely visit again if I was in town.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Belleville
“Ok for Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was not as inspired as the previous reviews. OK service, and eggs and toast OK, felt ripped off by the 3 euro tea, but I think more people in Europe are renting a seat than having a tea. Too pricey for me.

Visited July 2013
Caerleon, United Kingdom
“Ideal for a vegetarian with coeliac disease and her family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We visited Salzburg in trepidation, knowing the favoured foods were pastries,cakes and schnizel! The heart of joy cafe was perfect as there was delicious gluten free savoury food as well as cakes. The atmosphere was calm and relaxed and we visited 5 times during our stay - recommendation indeed!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
“Best breakfast of my Euro travels!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Wanna feel truly European? Go to The Heart of Joy Cafe! I got the Fit Fruhstuck and was so in love. Absolutely a killer meal. So fresh, delicious and filling. Comes with everything you need, and they really know how to put a meal together. My friends got omelets and were not disappointed! I prefer the Fit Fruhstuck because it is so light and fresh.

Visited June 2013