“Great hotel in Salzburg” 5 of 5 stars

Sheraton Salzburg
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Auerspergstrasse 4, Salzburg 5020, Austria   |
Ranked #12 of 134 Hotels in Salzburg
NJ, USA
“Great hotel in Salzburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

We stayed in Sheraton Salzburg for 3 nights. The hotel is in perfect location, a few minutes walk from the downtown. We didn't eat the breakfast in the hotel. The price for the breakfast (28 Euro) is incomprehensible, since there are so many good restaurants around with very reasonable prices. As other reviewers mentioned, there is Cafe Fingerlos(Franz-Josef-Strasse 9) a couple of blocks from the hotel which has outstanding breakfast choices.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

The Sheraton is located outside of the city of Salzburg. It's about a 15minutes ride by car to the town center. We liked it very much to be in the nature an enjoyed the great infrastructure, the fitness center, the pool and the spa area. Staff is extremly helpful and professional, it was impressive indeed how they took care of their guests. If one prefers a hotel not too far away from a town but quiet and cosy this is a great location. Only negative thing: some equipment in the gym was not working or there was no clear instruction how to use it.

• Stayed September 2010
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

We stayed at the Sheraton for 5 nights August 31st through Sept. 5th. We have stayed in Salzburg several times and this was one of the best trips so far. The location is close to all the exploring we wanted to do. Out the back door of the restaurant into the Mirabell Gardens and then on to the Old Town walking Street. A pleasant walk along the river or through the gardens. We were so pleased with the hotel staff, all of them from the reception desk to housekeeping anything we needed was handled in a very efficient manner. They all spoke English and helped us with any information we needed and they were patient with our lack of German. The food is good Austrian food and better than we expected and the presentation was a nice extra. I have read about their prices but you can order a la carte and we discovered this was as reasonable as other restaurants. The concierge booked a tour to The Eagles Nest with a stop in Berchestagen for lunch. We were picked up at the hotel and returned back to the hotel. The Tour Guide was very patient and was easy to understand. We enjoyed this entire trip.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

From what I can tell this is a well-run hotel with nice rooms and a central location. I am however not sure about the value for money, I paid 250 euros per night excluding breakfast and I am just not sure it was worth it.

Check-in was painless, the reception staff very friendly and spoke exellent English. They even had a power adaptor they lent me, which for me saved the day since I forgot mine at home. The hotel is easy to find, all the cab drivers know where it is.

The room was good, quite spacious, but had a flaw in that the curtains let in a lot of light in the morning and there were no blinds. Hence, I kept waking up earlier than I would have liked due to the sun shining into my room. The bathroom was great, had all the amenities you would expect and was of a high standards. The bed was comfortable, not to soft and not too hard.

Service was very good - I forgot my toothpaste and once I called them asking if they had any, someone was by my door in a flash with a small tube of toothpaste. I also went down to reception late one night and asked if they knew of a good sushi restaurant - well they did and I ended up in a nice place called Indigo just up the street.

Breakfast was good, but not the very best I have ever had in a Starwood hotel. The bread selection was fine but the bread was not that fresh. There is an omelette station, with a guy making nice omelettes, and everything else you would normally like for breakfast but it was all very traditional. Nice nespresso machine, good selection of teas, cold meats, cheese, youghurt bar, and pastries. Also a few hot items such as bacon and scrambled eggs. I am not sure if it was worth 28 euros, that seemed a bit steep. Service was good though.

You had to pay for internet access, another 18 euros per 24 hours. Again, pretty cheeky considering I had already paid 250 euros for my room.

Room service was good. Portions are on the small side for some dishes. Food good, not adventurous but perfectly fine. Few vegetarian options.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Nice property we didnt have get a deal so no Breakfast which was just as well. Theres Cafe Fingerloss 1 block away after the congress which is a great reastaurant. We had breakfast there for all the 3days we stayed in salzburg.

Not located on the river but a 5 minute walk which is not bad. Located walking distance from the train statiion which is very good. Close to the Gardens and located 15 minutes from the old town

Unfriendly staff!!! i didnt feel welcome everytime i asked for directions probably beause im asian and dont speak German!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

I got a very good room only deal on the internet, but breakfast at Eur 28 is very expensive. However Cafe Fingerloss is only 2 minutes walk away & you can get a great breakfast there for under Eur10.
Book in was fine but it was very hot in the reception area there seemed to be no A/C. There is free internet in the reception area but again it was very hot. But it was over 30C all day for the 3 days of our visit.
The room was fine, & there is a good gym & sauna but no pool. Parking is expensive more that Munich.
Would I come again? Yes if I could get a good deal.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

What a great hotel. Friendly helpful staff and a location that can't be beat.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Been to Sheraton Salzburg? Share your experiences!