“Top-notch service and comfort in this jewel of Sheraton properties.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Salzburg

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Salzburg to your Saves list
Sheraton Salzburg
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Auerspergstrasse 4, Salzburg 5020, Austria   |
Ranked #10 of 135 hotels in Salzburg
Venice, Italy
“Top-notch service and comfort in this jewel of Sheraton properties.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

We truely enjoyed our sojourn at Sheraton Salzburg. The staff was kind and most accomodating to all of our needs. Upon arrival and speaking my sir name, the staff welcomed me as if they were anxiouly waiting for my arrival. Check-in was efficient and speedy. The room was clean and comfortable and free of street noice. We had a junior suite which was spacious and featured all ammenities expected to be found in a five star hotel.

While a ten minute walk from the historic city center, I personally found being out from center more relaxing. The walk to the center is beautiful if the weather is cooperative, The club level lounge was truely the best I have ever found in any Starwood property world-wide. Pampered and cared for with a wide range of items to snack on and beverages of any type were available. The view from the lounge was most relaxing.

One negative to report. We were looking forward to a fine dining experience which we saved for a Sunday evening. At 8 PM, the Mirabella restaurant staff informed us that the restaurant closed early because they had no reservations and there were not many guests registered in the hotel. We were directed to the lobby lounge food area, which was not what were had our minds and appetite's set for. Two other couples were turned away while we dined in the lobby.

Nevertheless, I highly recommend this Sheraton. I spend a great deal of time on business travel and I always stay in Starwood properties. Sheraton Salzburg is a gem and worthy of your visit.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

597 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

I stayed in the Sheraton Salzburg in December with my family on a Christmas market trip. I booked the hotel on Hotels.com and found very favourable rates considering the time of year. Once I booked I confirmed the booking via email wih the hotel concierge and recieved an immediate and pleasant response. Prior to arriving I had a number of queries such as airport transfer, skiing options etc. Each response was met with a very nice email and I was put right at easy knowing that there was clearly professionals dealing with my stay.
Based on trip advisor comments and the Sheraton web site I had high expectations and I'm happy to report that I wasnt let down.
On arrival we entered the large, warm and comfortable lobby and went to the checking desk. I has happy to find that as I walked to the desk the staff already knew my name suggesting that they were expecting me. This made checkin a fast, efficient and to be honest a pleasant experience. The staff were delightfully friendly and made you feel like they were welcoming an old friend home rather that checking into a hotel.
To get to the room from the lobby I liked the added security feature of needed a room key to operate the lifts. I've seen this in a few places and alway appreciate it.
I found the room to be of a superior standard, it was fairly larger that normal and the bed was huge and quiet possibly the most comfortable bed ever.
The bathroom was a decent size and with all the travel restrictions on liquids it was good to see that they resock all the toiletries regularly. The room was spotlessly clean & well equiped with a minibar, iron, ironing board, safe, coffee maker and desk.. Basically everything you need.
The location of the hotel was excellent, no more than 5 minutes walk to the town center, you really dont need a taxi. The hotel also backs on to the famous Mirabell Park & Garden which was made famous in the Sound of Music movie. The gardens were really beautiful and not to be missed.
One tip I have for you, is if you want to enjoy a beautiful breakfast in a really nice cafe look for Cafe Fingerlos. To find it walk out the front door of the hotel and turn right, that the next right and the first left. Its on the left hand side of the street about half way down. It really is only about 2 minutes walk from the hotel but is in my opinion the best breakfast and the most reasonably priced I've experienced in any of my European trips.
So did I like this hotel? I loved it, it had a certain amount of style and sophistication without being pretentious. The staff were otstanding and they were my main reason why I will return and I would recommened to friends and family. So if you are considering a trip to Salzburg I very much recommend that you stay here.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

We spent a week at the Salzburg Sheraton from Christmas through New Year's. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. As an SPG guest we were provided a free room upgrade that provided almost all the comforts of home. The hotel is adjacent to the Mirabell Gardens and a short 10 minute walk to the Alt Stadt. The bar and lounge offered a relaxing atmosphere after seeing the sights of Salzburg. One of Salzburg's best cafes, Fingerlos, is a 2 minute walk from the hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

I travelled a month in Europe with my wife and 3 yr old daughter and stayed at various Starwood properties across 4 countries and I must appreciate the service at the Sheraton Salzburg at the very top that made our visit to Salzburg extra special and “must return-to” location.

Of course the rooms were good, very spacious and clean, also the location is great (next to Mirabel gardens!!!). The executive club lounge is excellent, probably one the best at Sheratons, very impressive.

But it is the very friendly service in every department (front desk, cleaning, concierge lounge staff etc.) that made our stay very memorable and of high value even compared to some of the luxury collection properties in other cities that we stayed at.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Weybridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

Top marks again for Sheraton - this time their 5 star property in Salzburg. From the moment we arrived the service was outstanding. Front desk incredibly helpful and professional. No problem changing rooms when we were allocated one without a bath -all done with incredible politeness and efficiency.

The Club rooms are spacious and comfortable. Nice beds, toiletries, bathrobes and evening turndown - newly refurbished bathroom with excellent shower. The Club lounge (7th floor) is probably the best we've ever experienced. Bright, immaculately presented staff who spoke very good English made a real effort to ensure guests felt at home and had something to eat and drink. The lounge itself has been recently opened and is a major addition to this property not only in terms of enhanced service levels but fabulously stylish.

In fact the Club lounge is so stylish that it makes the 1980's salmon pink lobby and reception now look terribly dated and old fashioned! I hope they remodel the ground floor of this hotel soon as it was the only area that let the property down.

Would certainly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again although next time would probably visit in the Spring when there isn't the crush of the Christmas markets. Overall: top marks for a very well run hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

it's not very close to the old city, it's only a 10 minutes walk from there, and it's 2 minutes away from Mirabelle gardens.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

We arrived exhausted and the incredible staff at the Sheraton Salzburg must have picked up on this, as they upgraded us at no extra charge to a room overlooking the beautiful Mirabel Gardens. The room was amazingly spacious and completely clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. We have stayed all over Europe and this is my favorite hotel so far.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
H_Mosbruck, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, November 20, 2009
Dear guests and friends of the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel,

We are truly grateful for your many positive reviews about the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel here on Tripadvisor.

If you would like to stay connected until your next visit to Salzburg, you can now find the Sheraton Salzburg on Facebook. Join our community to share your travel experiences, get inspired for your next vacation and to get regular updates on Salzburg and the Sheraton Salzburg.

Looking forward to seeing you on Facebook!

Kindest regards,
Herbert Mosbruck

Been to Sheraton Salzburg? Share your experiences!