“Better Sheraton than mos US cities” 4 of 5 stars

Sheraton Salzburg
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Auerspergstrasse 4, Salzburg 5020, Austria   |
Ranked #9 of 135 Hotels in Salzburg
Austin, Texas
“Better Sheraton than mos US cities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Awesome location, clean and overall very nice. Most Sheratons aren't 4-5 stars but this one is.

The best was opening the windows and taking in the sights and sounds from nearby.

Concierge arranged two great tours.

Had good breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear ktuerff,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review about your stay at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. It is only with your help and suggestions that we are able to maintain our commitment of excellent comfort and outstanding service. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel in the near future.
I remain with my best regards
Herbert Mosbruck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Zurich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I have come to dislike big hotel chains, as the service is most of the times not good and rooms are nothing special, just overprized. The Sheraton Salzburg suprised me on this business trip a bit. The room was very quiet, comfortable, staff friendly, especially during breakfast. The breakfast itself was good. The bar had a good wine selection. Wifi was free, beds comfortable and room was spacious.Access to the Salzburg Congress Center simple and accessable from the hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear tinyhunter,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share with us and other travellers your latest experience at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. It is a pleasure to read that our hotel positively surprised you that much and that your stay was to your complete satisfaction.
I am proud to work with such a great team and we will always try to even exceed our guest´s expectations. We look forward to welcoming you to Sheraton Salzburg Hotel back soon and being of service to you on many occasions.
Best regards
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Nothing special. Had an unfortunate encounter with a taxi driver who refused to let me chose another cab and grabbed my luggage in front of the hotel staff. The hotel staff did absolutely nothing to protect and side with their guests. Truly disappointing.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

With the sheraton, you can normally be sure of a high standard, and this hotel did not disappoint. a stones throw from the river and only a ten minute walk to the bottom of the main town.

We had a junior suite that was very large, and decorated traditionally with tv, desk, and sofa set as well as a large bed.

Very friendly staff and a lovely basecamp to explore Salzburg.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear NapoleonSnow,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and that you were satisfied with your room and our staff. Hopefully you will take into consideration to visit us again soon. I remain with my best regards
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Had a great time in Salzburg and found the stay at the Sheraton Hotel relaxing and pleasant.

Staff were very friendly and informative.

Not having stayed at Sheraton before we're not prepared for the sting in the tail when looking to eat and found the pricing extremely expensive and not value for money.

We resorted to eating out at each mealtime.

Having said this, we would stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Paul A,

It always makes me proud of my team when reading positive words about the friendliness of my employees. Furthermore I am glad that you found your stay relaxing. Regarding your disappointment on the pricing of food, I would like to point out that we only use high quality products for food & beverage.
Our hotel always seeks to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service. Nonetheless you will hopefully take into consideration to visit us again soon
I remain with my best regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Only stayed for a weekend, hence not able to give a comprehensive review.

I chose this hotel in order to be sure of a high standard room, but also to have gym facilities, which the other hotels did not seem to offer.

The room was on the second floor and was actually next door to the gym and sauna area. The room has air conditioning.

The hotel has an underground parking area which has a hotel entrance to the lift. However the parking fee is not inclusive with the room and is paid on check out.

The room bed was large and comfortable, bathroom had 'wet room' shower with glass surround, a bath and a wide sink/table area with supplied toiletries, soft towels and bathrobes.

Television was large with a handful of English-language stations; and there was a filter coffee maker which I think could be used to make tea as well. There was powdered milk supplied but I imagine real milk could be supplied on request.
There was an ice machine in the corridor (if I recall correctly!) which is handy in hot weather - but not this weekend.

There was also free room Wifi.

Another aspect not inclusive was the breakfast - I was surprised that a "basic" breakfast was not inclusive with the room, however there were plenty of coffee shops within walking distance.

The gym provides a couple of running machines and cycle machines, a cross-trainer, a few weights, unfortunately no rowing machine which is my preferred 'quick workout', plus copious clean towels. Fruit and cold water are provided.
There is a massage facility which can be booked but this was not sampled.
We did use the sauna which worked well and left a pleasant glow ! There are lockers, changing rooms and showers also.

The hotel is close to the Mirabell Gardens, and only a few minutes walk to cross the bridge to the Altstadt.

We did not sample the breakfast or other dining there so cannot comment on the food standard.

This is not a budget hotel but if you are travelling from afar and want to be sure of a good standard of room, then this is a good choice, and I'm sure its other facilities are good as well.

Room Tip: Second floor for convenient gym/sauna !
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear mikewhit,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share with us and other travelers your latest experience at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. I am glad to read that enjoyed your room, the fitness area and the sauna.
It is our intention to make our guest’s stay as comfortable as possible and we always work on the quality of our house. Hopefully you will take into consideration to visit us again soon. I remain with my best regards
Recife, PE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We choose this hotel because it is close to the Salzburg hauptbahnhof (main train station) and stayed for olnly one night.
It is still walking distance from old town.
The room is excellent, huge bathroom, very silence, confortable bed and linens.
The breakfast is excellent with a wide variety of food and juices, but when we booked online it was not included - so we payed a extra for the it....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Piolho,

I am happy to read your nice comment here at TripAdvisor. Thank you for your positive words about our rooms, furthermore I am glad that you enjoyed the variety at our “Sheraton Best Breakfast”. I am looking forward to welcome you back here at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. I remain with my best regards
Herbert Mosbruck

Been to Sheraton Salzburg? Share your experiences!